Remove 2000 Remove Community Remove Founder Remove Global
article thumbnail

An Open Letter to Startup Founders Everywhere in a Time of Crisis

David Cohen

Founders, I’m talking to you. I’ve seen past crises, cycles, and downturns as an investor and as a founder. In 2000, the Internet bubble burst. For the rest of our lives, we’ll all remember this global pandemic that changed everything. March 30, 2020. I’m one of you. It’s OK to be scared. Or even working for one?

Founder 174
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal How They Came Up with Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

2- Personal inspiration Photo Credit: Terina Nicole I launched my business 23 years ago in the year 2000. 7- Reflecting our mission Photo Credit: Phi Dang As the founder of Newline Painting, I'm excited to share the story behind our business name. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. We wanted to say no to Tingo!

Naming 130
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

4 CryptoCurrencies Besides Bitcoin You Need To Keep An Eye On

YoungUpstarts

More than 2000 years after the first coin was minted in ancient Asia Minor, the world of dollar bills, central banks and the traditional banking system is being disrupted by cryptocurrencies – and there’s way more to this new world than just Bitcoin.

Asia 189
article thumbnail

LinkedIn: The Series A Fundraising Story ? AGILEVC

Agile VC

Many assume it was a cakewalk, based on the success LinkedIn has enjoyed over time and the current stature of our founder/CEO Reid Hoffman (now Chairman). Silicon Valley is still emerging from the tech bubble and massive downturn of late 2000-2002. We’re a how-to site and community for small business on marketing. .

article thumbnail

VC Evolution: Physician, Scale Thyself.

500hats.com

While a flood of new VCs came into existence during the late 90’s internet boom, many had difficulty raising new funds after the crashes of 2000-2001 and 2008 , and as a result significantly fewer fund managers exist now compared to a decade ago. In the past ten years there have been several dramatic changes in venture capital.

article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs are Everywhere Show No. 43: Dakin Sloss and Ajeet Singh

Steve Blank

A startup founder needs to never lose sight of the vision, but be extremely adaptable to pretty much everything else. And realizing your vision as a founder takes equal parts determination and flexibility. And realizing your vision as a founder takes equal parts determination and flexibility. Lots of people have visions.

Cofounder 274
article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs are Everywhere Show No. 43: Dakin Sloss and Ajeet Singh

Steve Blank

A startup founder needs to never lose sight of the vision, but be extremely adaptable to pretty much everything else. And realizing your vision as a founder takes equal parts determination and flexibility. And realizing your vision as a founder takes equal parts determination and flexibility. Lots of people have visions.

Cofounder 274