Remove 2000 Remove Community Remove Management Remove Private Equity
article thumbnail

Public Hospital Modern Woes – Aging Infrastructure, Unions, Pensions, High Regulation. 

The Startup Magazine

s form of no-holds-barred capitalism, our financial markets were slow to adopt the idea, with the trend really only taking hold during the heady securitization period of the mid-2000’ s. The buyers (or lessees) in these transactions are pension funds, insurance companies, or private equity representing other institutions.

article thumbnail

Will Work for Equity - Investing in Clients - Arizona Bay

www.inc.com

Join our community. Leadership & Managing | Tuesdays. LEADERSHIP & MANAGING. Managing Creativity. Leadership and Managing >. Will Work for Equity. Dave Graham Business Venture Capital Private Equity GlobalLogic Inc. Quality Manager Job Description. Quality Manager Job Description.

Arizona 40
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

VC Evolution: Physician, Scale Thyself.

500hats.com

Or, as my friend Marc Andreessen might say, Software Eats the Private Equity World. While a flood of new VCs came into existence during the late 90’s internet boom, many had difficulty raising new funds after the crashes of 2000-2001 and 2008 , and as a result significantly fewer fund managers exist now compared to a decade ago.

article thumbnail

Texas Startup Manifesto 2.0

Austin Startup

Our community colleges are excellent as well, including the Alamo Colleges, Austin Community College, the Dallas College and the Lone Star Community College. In San Antonio we take great pride in our diverse, artistic, affordable and culturally rich community filled with a young and burgeoning creative class workforce.

Texas 90
article thumbnail

Returns for brand-name VC funds

finance.fortune.cnn.com

Term Sheet The latest on private equity, M&A, deals and movements — from Wall Street to Silicon Valley. Now Fortune has obtained more granular data, including returns for dotcom-era funds managed by such firms as Accel Partners, Benchmark Capital, General Catalyst Partners and Lightspeed Venture Partners. Term Sheet.

Naming 49
article thumbnail

In Venture Capital, Should You Be a Momentum or a Value Investor?

David Teten

In VC, this means you identify companies that are not yet highly visible to the VC community; analyze them; persuade the company to sell you on the privilege of accepting your capital; then work to make them Momentum. In 2000, LPs invested $104b into 638 funds, but by 2003, LPs’ commitment rate had dropped to just $11b into 161 funds.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #4: Carl Liebert, crisis veteran and radical optimist

Startup Lessons Learned

And then from there, I was running a fitness company on the west coast by the name of 24 Hour Fitness, which was private equity backed and quite a bit of debt. And I remember, we set up a war room that we managed, we met twice a day. And I remember listening to the district manager in New Orleans going, "This is."