Remove 2003 Remove Community Remove Equity Remove Security
article thumbnail

Put A Coin In It! Invest In Early Stage Startups To See Maximum ROI

YoungUpstarts

There’s a trick or two that most seasoned investors keep tucked away for when they want or need to feel secure in a project they plan on investing in, which hopefully has some chance of achieving success down the line. Secure the financial investment plan. Evaluate the marketing and monetization strategies set in place.

article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

And that’s how I started my private equity business where I acquire both online and offline assets such as lead generation websites and physical real estate. I started my own marketing and communications agency back in 2003. 16- Create secure financial future for children. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

19 Psychological Tactics for Successful Crowdfunding Campaigns

ConversionXL

For example, digital startups are more likely to secure funding if someone on their founding team holds a doctoral degree. But indirect reciprocity plays a powerful role in online communities, such as open-source development. Crowdfunding communities are no different. Equity-based – Equity returns (e.g.,

article thumbnail

Probable and Improbable Lobbying Wins: The 1,000-stockholder Rule

Gust

I will leave it to law professor Eric Goldman to articulate better than I could why “ this law mortally threatens the entire UGC community.” Facebook, which did not exist in 2003, is now valued at nearly $100 billion. Google, which incorporated in 1998, has a market cap of $200 billion and employs more than 30,000 people.

IPO 110
article thumbnail

How Investors Are Increasing Their Returns Through Collaboration and Technology

David Teten

Panel 1 – How Social Investing is Disrupting Traditional Investing in Public Securities. Mr. Lindzon has more than 20 years experience in the financial community acting in both an entrepreneurial and investing capacity. He has lectured and consulted extensively for industry, academia, military, and intelligence communities.

article thumbnail

Which language should my startup use?

www.reincubate.com

Despite what some vendors may say, all languages scale, and its hard to argue that one language is fundamentally less secure than another. Their lead developer built the first parts of the Rails framework before throwing it open to the Open Source community for further work, and in doing so the first true Web 2.0 framework was built.

article thumbnail

Convertible Equity, A Better Alternative To Convertible Debt?

techcrunch.com

Convertible Equity, A Better Alternative To Convertible Debt? From 2004 to 2007, she helped lead Congresswoman Carloyn Maloney’s community outreach and relations efforts in New York City. She graduated from Columbia University in 2003, where she was. Smartphones. Digital Cameras. Headphones. CrunchBase. Hot topics. Disrupt SF.

Equity 87