Remove 2010 Remove Community Remove Customer Development Remove Product Development
article thumbnail

Lessons Learned: Product development leverage

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Sunday, April 26, 2009 Product development leverage Leverage has once again become a dirty word in the world of finance, and rightly so. But I want to talk about a different kind of leverage, the kind that you can get in product development. Its a key lean startup concept. Yeah, weve got that.

article thumbnail

Building a new startup hub

Startup Lessons Learned

Ive written a little bit about the origins of Silicon Valley because I think its important for us to understand how we got here in order to make sure we preserve what is best about our community. The companies I spoke to all agreed that the community there was extremely supportive, especially in the critical ulta-early-stage.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

A real Customer Advisory Board

Startup Lessons Learned

They assume that each person on the team is genuinely interested in testing their work and ideas against the reality of what customers want. Anyone who has worked in a real-world product development team can tell you how utopian that sounds. Passionate online communities are real societies. It was absolutely worth it.

article thumbnail

Create Structure out of the Gate and You’ll Thank Yourself Later

Feld Thoughts

His most recent company, Filtrbox, participated in the inaugural Techstars class (Techstars Boulder 2007) and was a win for all parties involved; Filtrbox was acquired in 2010 by Jive Software (NASDAQ: JIVE). The investors, founders, and “community” are all super excited about ASC. Three months in, the burn is now at $70k/month.

Burn Rate 152
article thumbnail

Top 57 Online Startups Meets Technology Meets Product Posts for November 2010

SoCal CTO

aka: An Open Letter to the Next Big Social Network) - 500 Hats , November 1, 2010 I've held off writing this post for a long time, because I couldn't quite get my head around all the issues. When It’s Darkest Men See the Stars - Steve Blank , November 24, 2010 When It’s Darkest Men See the Stars. but: Something is Still Missing.

article thumbnail

The Leading Cause of Startup Death – Part 1: The Product.

Steve Blank

This series of posts is a brief explanation of how we’ve evolved from Product Development to Customer Development to the Lean Startup. The Product Development Diagram Emerging early in the twentieth century, this product-centric model described a process that evolved in manufacturing industries.

article thumbnail

New conference website, speakers, agenda

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Monday, March 29, 2010 New conference website, speakers, agenda The Startup Lessons Learned Conference on April 23 is fast approaching. My hope for this conference is that it will benefit the global community of entrepreneurs. Earlybird Admission pricing ends in just two days. See you in April.