Remove 2017 Remove Community Remove Open Source Remove Technical Review
article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

When I met my now-wife, I realized that any technology that can find me a spouse is a killer app. But, most of use raise capital and source deals the same way people looked for dates 20 years ago: by networking at conferences (or bars). . To learn more about this space, I suggest join an online community I co-founded, PEVCTech. .

article thumbnail

Why Bitcoin is Gaining Worldwide Popularity

The Startup Magazine

However, that has rapidly changed over the years due to several factors. Shortly after this event Bitcoin became more widely known through technology blogs like Slashdot and Reddit, but struggled to gain widespread public attention until 2011. Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency that was introduced as open-source software in 2009.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Awesome Austin Tech Events, May 8–15

Austin Startup

The Forrest Four-Cast: May 7, 2017 The strength of the Central Texas technology / startup scene helps SXSW thrive as an epicenter of innovation. Monday, May 8: EFF Austin Meet Up (FREE) We promote the right of all citizens to communicate and share information without unreasonable constraint. At the Austin Convention Center. $99-$3895

article thumbnail

Awesome Austin Tech Events, May 1–7

Austin Startup

The Forrest Four-Cast: May 1, 2017 The strength of the Central Texas technology / startup scene helps SXSW thrive as an epicenter of innovation. Thursday, May 4: Longhorn Startup Demo Day (FREE) Come watch this year’s biggest entrepreneurial showcase of top undergraduate startup ventures from the Spring 2017 Longhorn Startup Lab!

article thumbnail

30 Machine Intelligence Startups to Watch in Israel

VC Cafe

Don’t take my word for it – in the roundup of venture capital predictions for 2017 , I found it to be the top recurring theme. Artificial Intelligence is an important, foundational technology that gets more important every year and will be used to solve more and more problems going forward. Chris Rust, Clear Ventures).

article thumbnail

Transcript of The Key to Success? Taking Care of Your Community

Duct Tape Marketing

Taking Care of Your Community written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing. Brian Clark and I have been friends for a really long time and they have certainly set the standard on how to build a business, how to build a brand, how to take care of a community. Transcript of The Key to Success? Back to Podcast. Transcript.

article thumbnail

Should Early Stage Startups Move to Austin because of Capital?

Austin Startup

In September 2017, I spent 2 weeks in Austin, Texas to understand what makes this vibrant startup ecosystem tick. Tim O’Reilly, Founder at O’Reilly Media and promoter of open source and Web 2.0 As a network that is built on the value of #givefirst, Techstars also embodies the community-driven spirit of Austin.