Remove 2020 Remove Community Remove Government Remove Operations
article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2020 Lesson Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while solving some of the toughest problems.”. Team Protocol One – Ensuring JTAC to Pilot Communication. Few consider opportunities to make the world safer with the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community or other government agencies.

Oakland 313
article thumbnail

20 Entrepreneurs Share Their Takeaways from 2020

Hearpreneur

We asked entrepreneurs and business owners about the tough lessons they have learned in 2020. #1- Balance is fundamental to building a healthy community and managing the challenges that come our way. 2020 has been incredibly tough on small business, and incredibly tough on individuals. 1- Balance is key. 8-Stay agile.

Offshore 131
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Giving Tuesday: How BoardEffect Is Giving Back to Nonprofits

Board Effect

The year 2020 will go down in history as one of the most taxing years of our lifetimes. BoardEffect Supports Good Governance Practices. As businesses came under scrutiny for poor governance practices, nonprofit organizations also came under the limelight, placing great pressure on nonprofit boards and executive directors.

article thumbnail

2023 Predictions

Eric Friedman

I started making predictions for the decade ahead in 2020 , then made 2021 predictions , then 2022 predictions. This is a fun quote to start things off with because I began this journey with my 2020 predictions. 6/ Apple consolidates operating systems into Apple OS across phone, tablets, desktops, and cars. Bill Gates.

article thumbnail

2023 Predictions

Eric Friedman

I started making predictions for the decade ahead in 2020 , then made 2021 predictions , then 2022 predictions. This is a fun quote to start things off with because I began this journey with my 2020 predictions. 6/ Apple consolidates operating systems into Apple OS across phone, tablets, desktops, and cars. Bill Gates.

article thumbnail

Eric Ries’ Foreword to The Startup Community Way

Feld Thoughts

My new book with Ian Hathaway, The Startup Community Way , is officially out. But now that The Startup Community Way is out, and the 2nd Edition of Startup Communities is also out, I’m hopeful that my writing energy will shift to the book I’m working on with Dave. Writing a book is extremely hard.

Community 135
article thumbnail

Impressions from Pocket Gamer Connects in London

VC Cafe

Live operations refer to the ongoing management and maintenance of a game after its initial launch, and can include things like events, updates, and community management. Unity, Riot Games, Microsoft, Google and Playtika, are just some of the recent companies who announced layoffs, affecting thousands of jobs.