Remove Aggregator Remove Community Remove Hosting Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

How Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors Are Eating Their Own Dogfood

David Teten

Private equity and venture capital investors are copying our sisters in the hedge fund and mutual fund world: we’re trying to automate more of our job. Advances in machine learning, specifically natural language processing, have made generating these baseline, aggregate datasets possible, at scale, with high accuracy.

article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

Private equity and venture capital investors are copying our sisters in the hedge fund world: we’re trying to automate more of our job. . To learn more about this space, I suggest join an online community I co-founded, PEVCTech. . I use Google Drive to host my conference presentations , which are all embedded at teten.com.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Real Reasons Adults Love To Give Kids Sugar

David Teten

Now, most educated people would be surprised to see people smoking at an event with children in the room, and shocked if the hosts laid out trays of cigarettes for children to take. Each individual giver feels happy and bonded to the child, but the aggregate effect is fat kids. These accumulate into constant exposure.

article thumbnail

What’s Your VC Tech Stack? Results from a Survey of Early-Stage VC Funds

David Teten

In his white paper How Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors Are Eating Their Own Dogfood , PEVCTECH.com founder David Teten explored how private equity and venture capital investors are trying to automate more of their job. However, 87% of our respondents don’t actively participate in any such community.

article thumbnail

100 Startups Join Forces with Air Force Stakeholders at Inaugural Spark Collider Event

Austin Startup

On August 14–15, the Air Force, through AFWERX , hosted a two-day Spark Collider event at Capital Factory to bring newly awarded 19.2 SBIR Phase I companies together with relevant Air Force and venture capital stakeholders. Gordon advised attendees to work together and integrate as best as possible.

SBIR 48
article thumbnail

Startup Resources

www.vccafe.com

Venture Capital Cafe > Startup Resources (Updated Mar 2013). VC Cafe highlights everything you need to know from hosting your code in hackathons to open source legal docs. Ning Communities. Launchpad (Free hosting and OpenSource). Fnord (resources hosting). Gatling (resources hosting). Google Apps.

article thumbnail

What Future for Accelerators?

Both Sides of the Table

Not just Y Combinator and TechStars but a host of other accelerators across the country. and I thought if we brought the community together for common purpose we could create more of a sense of community to help new entrepreneurs get funded, assemble teams, raise profiles and help with biz dev, product, etc. And Jamie hers.