Remove Angel Groups Remove Community Remove Engineer Remove Software Review
article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

However, in private markets, there is more room to optimize across all 11 steps of the investing process: firm management , marketing, fundraising , origination , manage relationships, due diligence, negotiation, monitoring, portfolio acceleration , reporting, and. The 11 Steps of Investing in Private Companies. 1) Manage the firm .

article thumbnail

Brad Feld Drops Knowledge. Here’s What He Said …

Both Sides of the Table

A deep dive into the Foundry Group investment philosophy including an interesting discussion of their investing Themes. “… our lens is: Internet Software Companies anywhere in the U.S. If you are outside internet software we are not going to invest. So I was an Angel investor from 1994 to 1996. we are not going to invest.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors Are Eating Their Own Dogfood

David Teten

My colleagues Sebastian Soler , Steven Greenberg and I recently launched a new online community, PEVCTech.com , exclusively for PE/VC investors; engineers who work at PE/VC funds; and other technologists who specialize in working on this problem. VC Firm. $ Tech % of workforce. Google Ventures (GV). 17% (13 / 80). 4) Manage deal flow.

article thumbnail

What’s Your VC Tech Stack? Results from a Survey of Early-Stage VC Funds

David Teten

As a globally focused LP in early stage VC funds, we at Blue Future Partners have observed a growing trend of firms investing substantially in software tools, whether developing proprietary solutions or adopting off the shelf tools. However, 87% of our respondents don’t actively participate in any such community.

article thumbnail

How Venture Capitalists and Government Can Promote Entrepreneurship

David Teten

By contrast, as a venture capitalist, I can report that almost all of our portfolio companies are desperate to hire talented software engineers, and eager to hire in a range of other roles. I am now talking with some affinity groups in these domains about co-organizing such pitch nights under the umbrella of HBS Angels.

article thumbnail

ESG in Venture Capital: Interview with Blue Future Partners (VC Fund of Funds)

David Teten

One of the impact initiatives I’m proudest of is founding Harvard Business School Alumni Angels of New York , a nonprofit and now the East Coast’s largest angel group. When we launched in 2010, I saw a white space: a burgeoning NY tech ecosystem, but only one angel group regularly writing checks.

article thumbnail

The Investors Guide to SXSW 2019

Austin Startup

Engineering Serendipity Making real connections starts with having the right people in the room. Grab a group of friends and tour the latest and greatest of Austin’s startup community. 6:00PM HILTON AUSTIN DOWNTOWN, SALON J HEATHER BRUNNER, WP Engine ROD FAVARON, Spredfast GREGORY L. Vanessa Dawson, Integris Software C.E.O,