Remove Angel Groups Remove Community Remove Technical Review Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

How Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors Are Eating Their Own Dogfood

David Teten

Private equity and venture capital investors are copying our sisters in the hedge fund and mutual fund world: we’re trying to automate more of our job. According to Knowledge.VC , under 5% of US VCs have a full-time team member focused on technology. . Why is it now more feasible to use technology in the VC investing process?

article thumbnail

How to Raise Startup Funding from Unlikely Angel Investors

Up and Running

Angel investors come from a variety of ages, backgrounds, and professions. I’m not your average angel. I’m not active in an angel group. I live in a small town surrounded by farms and I made my first angel investment at 29 because my dad said it was a good idea. So, who are these unlikely angels?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Brad Feld Drops Knowledge. Here’s What He Said …

Both Sides of the Table

My initial desire to blog came from something that’s always been my approach to investing – I’m a nerd and I love to play with the technology and part of my approach has really been to understand things both at a user level and at a reasonably deep tentacle level. Brad’s start in Venture Capital. Brad on blogging. was starting.

article thumbnail

3rd Annual Women in Tech Summit Examines Strength, Fundraising & Diversity

Austin Startup

On Monday, September 23, Austin Startup Week had an impressive kick-off at Capital Factory where over 400 women and allies gathered at the 3rd Annual Women in Tech Summit! Inspired and taking notes in a packed house at the Women in #Tech Summit @CFWoman ! Women leaders from across the U.S.

article thumbnail

The Investors Guide to SXSW 2019

Austin Startup

Grab a group of friends and tour the latest and greatest of Austin’s startup community. We will announce the winner of the Artificial Intelligence Technologies category at the SXSW Pitch Awards Ceremony on Sunday, March 10th at 6:30pm in Salon H on the 6th floor of the Hilton Hotel. Come check out tech through a military lens.

article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

Private equity and venture capital investors are copying our sisters in the hedge fund world: we’re trying to automate more of our job. . When I met my now-wife, I realized that any technology that can find me a spouse is a killer app. To learn more about this space, I suggest join an online community I co-founded, PEVCTech. .

article thumbnail

Looking for Funds in All the Right Places

Austin Startup

Austin-Based Venture Capital Firms There are a eleven venture capital firms based in Austin that are actively investing today, six of which are first funds. VC Firms Actively investing in Austin Companies Finally, there are a group of venture capital firms that are not based in Austin that are active investors here.