Remove Angel Investor Remove Community Remove Entrepreneur Remove Fractional CTO
article thumbnail

Tech Diversity & Inclusion Allies at SXSW

Austin Startup

Austin Diversity Evangelists Mellie Price Director of Diversity Capital Factory Managing Director, Health CoLab Dell Medical School Mellie Price is a successful entrepreneur, angel investor, venture capitalist, and now university commercialization disruption at the Dell Medical School at the University of Texas.

article thumbnail

Taking stock of the Dutch tech cluster: What The Netherlands needs to win the European startup scene

The Next Web

Think of Werner Vogels (CTO of Amazon), Guido van Rossem (founder of Python programming language and senior engineer at Dropbox) or the more senior Gerard Kleisterlee (chairman of Vodafone). At home we have entrepreneurs who think global day one. Think Philips Electronics, NXP, ASML and Tom Tom.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Entrepreneur’s Essentials #18: The strength of natural network effects

Austin Startup

As I mentioned at the beginning of this series/ebook, over the years I’ve noticed that I tend to frequently share certain Lucky7 posts with entrepreneurs we’ve backed , team members at data.world, or other startup investors I know. So I’m packaging the best of them up for you here in a new series called The Entrepreneur’s Essentials.

article thumbnail

How do I find a developer to help me with my idea?

www.scottporad.com

Mike, a entrepreneur from Philadelphia, wrote to me with a brief summary of a new business idea he’s working on, and then posed three questions to me about finding a programmer to help him develop the idea. If I were in Mike’s shoes, I would start by talking to people in the Philadelphia Startup community.

article thumbnail

Essential Startup Funding Tips from 8 Seasoned Investors

mashable.com

And for those in the coveted in-crowd, Silicon Valley, San Francisco and the greater tech community become a world of opportunity where you’re only limited by the quality of your idea and the caliber of your friends. Passion was certainly a recurring topic of conversation amongst the investors we interviewed.

article thumbnail

Why Startups Fail - 20 Top Reasons Gleaned from 32 Startup Failure Post-Mortems

www.chubbybrain.com

We’d previously highlighted the top startup failure post-mortems of all-time here (32 in total) written by a group of startup entrepreneurs gracious enough to share their lessons learned from their startup’s failure. In the post-mortem of Kiko, Mahesh Piddshetti writes : Most entrepreneurs have lots of ideas.

article thumbnail

Top 57 Online Startups Meets Technology Meets Product Posts for November 2010

SoCal CTO

Equity-Only CTO and Equity-Only Developers - SoCal CTO , November 1, 2010 I had a recent email dialog with the founder of a company looking for a CTO for their startup. The scene is the siren song of the innovation community. have focused this as advice to entrepreneurs building enterprise software ventures today.