Remove Angel Investor Remove Community Remove Fractional CTO Remove Startup
article thumbnail

The Other Amazon Deal this week. Drupal founder attracts over $100 Million in 3 months.

Scalable Startup

When Open Source software projects are launched, the progenitors often start a for-profit sister company to garner some income from training, support and consulting. It gained recognition during the 2004 presidential campaign when Howard Dean’s IT director decided to use it as a platform for community and campaigning.

Founder 42
article thumbnail

How do I find a developer to help me with my idea?

www.scottporad.com

If I were in Mike’s shoes, I would start by talking to people in the Philadelphia Startup community. For example, we have a mailing list in Seattle called “Seattle Tech Startups&# which is a great place to find a co-founder or developer-type. In addition, I would seek out angel investors and VCs in Philly.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Top 57 Online Startups Meets Technology Meets Product Posts for November 2010

SoCal CTO

I continue to collect great content that is the intersection of startups, products, online and technology. Equity-Only CTO and Equity-Only Developers - SoCal CTO , November 1, 2010 I had a recent email dialog with the founder of a company looking for a CTO for their startup. but: Something is Still Missing.

article thumbnail

Taking stock of the Dutch tech cluster: What The Netherlands needs to win the European startup scene

The Next Web

As a startup hub, Amsterdam grabs the same amount of attention as the girl with braces at the high school dance. So is the Dutch tech startup story sold short? We have great intellectual property protection, and have efficient ways to enforce contracts. Robert Verwaayen is a Dutch venture capitalist. Not in my view.

article thumbnail

Why Startups Fail - 20 Top Reasons Gleaned from 32 Startup Failure Post-Mortems

www.chubbybrain.com

Analyzing 32 Startup Failure Post-Mortems to Find the 20 Top Reasons that Startups Fail. We’d previously highlighted the top startup failure post-mortems of all-time here (32 in total) written by a group of startup entrepreneurs gracious enough to share their lessons learned from their startup’s failure.

article thumbnail

From Nothing To Something. How To Get There.

techcrunch.com

Problem was, I seemed to suck at the whole startup thing. Rather, I didn’t have anyone around me familiar enough with startups to tell me that I was doing it all wrong. One of the things I do as a founder of a later stage startup is to meet with early stage entrepreneurs to help them get their companies going.

article thumbnail

Essential Startup Funding Tips from 8 Seasoned Investors

mashable.com

And for those in the coveted in-crowd, Silicon Valley, San Francisco and the greater tech community become a world of opportunity where you’re only limited by the quality of your idea and the caliber of your friends. The Investors In researching this post, we solicited the advice of a number of investors.