Remove Business Model Remove Community Remove Finance Remove Term Sheet
article thumbnail

Revenue-Based Investing: A New Option for Founders who Care About Control

David Teten

Does the traditional VC financing model make sense for all companies? I’ve been a traditional equity VC for 8 years, and I’m now researching new business models in venture capital. 2018 also had the fewest number of angel-led financing rounds since before 2010. Absolutely not.

Revenue 60
article thumbnail

Flexible VC, a New Model for Companies Targeting Profitability

David Teten

His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. Part of the magic of revenue-based financing is how historical performance and strong, achievable financial projections are ultimately the backbone of how RBI/RBF investment decisions are made.” Lower level of community familiarity. Of the Inc.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Who are the Major Revenue-Based Investing VCs?

David Teten

I’ve been a traditional equity VC for 8 years, and I’m now researching new business models in venture capital. Since 2017 we’ve managed $3 million in revenue-based financing, which helps cash-strapped technology companies grow. Unlike many RBI investors, a full 50% of our investment activity is in non-tech businesses.

Revenue 60
article thumbnail

A conversation with Scott Kupor of Andreessen Horowitz, author and speaker at Lean Startup Conference 2019

Startup Lessons Learned

Having been through the company-building process myself and after a decade in VC working with thousands of companies and negotiating hundreds of term sheets, I wrote this book to help demystify the process. It doesn’t make your business idea a bad one if you conclude that VC isn’t right for you. No need to name names.

Lean 108
article thumbnail

LinkedIn's Series B Pitch to Greylock: Pitch Advice for Entrepreneurs

reidhoffman.org

You may happen to emphasize the right points that pique an investor’s interest, but you shouldn’t leave your financing up to chance. Second, understand the broader financing climate. The general rule is one business model drives the business. As it happened, we did end up pursuing all three lines of business.

article thumbnail

Startup Tools

steveblank.com

Managewith.us - Collaborative Task Manager Mavenlink - manage project communications, documents, schedules, budgets, payments Industrial Logic – Agile eLearning Misc Office Help Google Apps – cloud mail server, calendar, docs, etc.

article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

To learn more about this space, I suggest join an online community I co-founded, PEVCTech. . Investors are also mining for leads such sources as: – product crowdfunding sites ( Indiegogo *); – tech communities ( Producthunt ); – angel group platforms ( Gust ); – expert networks (e.g., 1) Manage the firm .