Remove California Remove Community Remove Media Remove Naming
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

What exactly is going to be the name of your business? Whatever the inspiration or relation may be, naming your business is one of the most important parts of becoming a CEO. . #1- Being a small cozy design studio at first, we understood we had to have a catchy name. That’s why ein (one in German) is present in the name.

Naming 95
article thumbnail

How To Connect, Converse, And Convert Through Social Media Listening

Duct Tape Marketing

How To Connect, Converse, And Convert Through Social Media Listening written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing. Brooke is the CEO & Founder of B Squared Media, an award-winning digital marketing agency focusing on social media management, advertising, and social-led customer care. BSquared.media.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

What exactly is going to be the name of your business? Whatever the inspiration or relation may be, the naming of your business is one of the most important parts of becoming a CEO. I came up with my company name by asking myself, what will I be doing often? When I was naming it, I had a few criteria.

Naming 113
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #20: the founders of Bitwise on the role of technology in empowering people, spreading benefits to underserved communities, and the creation of OnwardUS

Startup Lessons Learned

Our fundamental thesis is that people of color, women, communities of concentrated poverty, have immense talent to contribute to the technology industry," Jake explained to me. "In They created a program called Onward California in partnership with the State of California and with the support of governor Newsom.

Fresno 60
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Favorite Business or Entrepreneur Turnaround Story

Hearpreneur

Marvel’s fascinating turnaround story is no less than a heroic action story where the protagonist flips the scales at the last moment and arises like the phoenix, just like the many superheroes it helped become household names. This raised the company's name, despite all controversies. Thanks to Raven Cobb, Clearstep, Inc ! #6-

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

I started my business because I saw an opportunity to help people save money at every online store, not just the big-name brand retailers. I can now give back to my community in ways that would not have been possible earlier. 14- To solve issues in the beauty community. Thanks to Sheila Eugenio, Media Mentions ! #24-

article thumbnail

Why Has LA Suddenly Gotten So Much Attention from VCs and Entrepreneurs?

Both Sides of the Table

When my friend and the father of LA’s tech startup community Bill Gross first demonstrated his company GoTo.com (renamed Overture) on stage at a TED conference he was actually booed (True story. He built & IPOd Demand Media. You can hear many other amazing stories in this 1:1 interview ). for $565 million to Excite.