Remove Cloud Remove Community Remove Customer Development Remove Silicon Valley
article thumbnail

Customer Development in Japan: a History Lesson

Steve Blank

I asked Tsutsumi-san to write a guest post for my blog to describe his experience with Customer Development in Japan. Back in 1990’s, I was working for one of the leading sogo shohsa (trading company) in Japan, building data communications startups. We kept talking, with Steve asking “How long are you staying in Silicon Valley?”

Japan 292
article thumbnail

The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Boston Tech Community (Fall 2013 Edition)

Rob Go

There is a wealth of resources that are unique to this town and a vibrant community of hackers, product designers, business people, and investors at various stages in their career. Mobile Mondays : Boston chapter of the world’s largest Mobile professional community. Boston is a great place to start and build a company. The Grand-daddy.

Boston 71
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Building a new startup hub

Startup Lessons Learned

Its easy to take Silicon Valley for granted. Ive written a little bit about the origins of Silicon Valley because I think its important for us to understand how we got here in order to make sure we preserve what is best about our community. And do your customer development.

article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs are Everywhere Show No. 43: Dakin Sloss and Ajeet Singh

Steve Blank

Prior to Aster, Ajeet worked at Oracle where he was part of the team that first launched Oracle Database to the Amazon EC2 cloud. There are obviously lots of differences, but creating an environment in which those people thrive and can collaborate together, it’s a new type of community basically. Filed under: Customer Development.

Cofounder 274
article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs are Everywhere Show No. 43: Dakin Sloss and Ajeet Singh

Steve Blank

Prior to Aster, Ajeet worked at Oracle where he was part of the team that first launched Oracle Database to the Amazon EC2 cloud. There are obviously lots of differences, but creating an environment in which those people thrive and can collaborate together, it’s a new type of community basically. Filed under: Customer Development.

Cofounder 274
article thumbnail

The Lean Startup Workshop - now an O'Reilly Master Class

Startup Lessons Learned

Take a look: This full-day Master Class focuses on how to build a startup from the ground up to focus on customers, markets, and speed of iteration. Im working on a future post where Ill share the details of how I used customer development to shape both the content and packaging of this event, so look for that soon. Let me know.

Lean 60
article thumbnail

Lessons Learned: Please teach kids programming, Mr. President

Startup Lessons Learned

Im not offering extensive studies or research to support this conclusion; the evidence from my peers right here in the innovation capital of America, Silicon Valley, is absolutely overwhelming. We also learned that law is code , and that leadership was needed to build thriving communities in a digital age. They are nerds.