Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Conversion Remove Florida
article thumbnail

Miami: A hot spot for venture capitalists

David Teten

I was visiting as part of Terrapinn Private Equity World, a leading private equity conference for the Latin American technology community. Miami has many of the assets of an entrepreneurial hub, notably a flourishing creative community, and a strong public university system. that cities such as San Francisco and New York have built.

Miami 114
article thumbnail

[Event] Over 540 Young Entrepreneurs To Converge On Global Startup Youth

YoungUpstarts

.” This event harnesses the power of youth, their cultural diversity, their domain expertise and their deep conversations about today’s world problems to accelerate them into ventures, ready to be taken to market and scaled,” says Dash Dhakshinamoorthy, entrepreneur and founder of StartupMalaysia.

Malaysia 229
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

I focused on what it is I do, I want to be approachable to the community and also I thought it important to express an idea of ‘moving with the times’, being fresh, consistent with modern practices and the such. Am I happy to start conversations with, Hi. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community.

Naming 104
article thumbnail

Startup Chica Spotlight: Meet Some of Austin’s Female Founders

Austin Startup

Nelly Garcia, Co-Founder of Rocheli Patisserie Nelly Garcia, Co-Founder of Rocheli Patisserie Nelly Garcia was born in Monterrey, Mexico, and immigrated to Austin, Texas, in 2002 at the age of 15. The MamaLingua community has reached well beyond Austin, Texas, expanding nationally and globally.

Founder 62
article thumbnail

Harvey Aftermath: How Your Small Business Can Help

Austin Startup

You and your community can convene to support in whichever area works best. Organize community support through creative fundraisers. League City Family Dentistry partnered with The Crazy Cajun Cookers in Louisiana and cooked over 1,000 free lunches for community members in need, while also accepting donations.

article thumbnail

Saturday Startup Spotlight: ListingSpark

Austin Startup

Capital Factory’s Saturday Startup Spotlight series continues this week with the founders of ListingSpark : Brett Appolito and Travis Carona. We stepped into the world of home selling and discussed their experiences as founders of a company that’s re-shaping the real estate market. With ListingSpark, you pay per day to sell your home.

Dallas 48
article thumbnail

SXSW Startups: BehaviorMe

Austin Startup

Help 300+ kids learn basic community life skills. BehaviorMe is based in Gainesville, Florida. Gainesville is a small but fledgling startup community that has suffered through ups and downs as any other community has. Two of our co-founders had a class together at the University of Florida.