Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Customer Development Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

Launching a Portfolio Acceleration Platform at a Venture Capital or Private Equity Fund

David Teten

Almost every private equity and venture capital investor now advertises that they have a platform to support their portfolio companies. VC Platform community has grown approximately 120% in the last 3 years. A well-organized library of best practices for founders in your vertical, which you can share as appropriate.

article thumbnail

This Week in Venture Capital – Episode 2

Both Sides of the Table

I was on This Week in Venture Capital (TWiVC) again this week with Jason Calacanis. He’s considering making me the permanent co-host so if you enjoy any of this episode or want to see me on the show on a more regular basis please Tweet @jason and let him know (he asked for direct feedback).

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Corporate Venture Capital: Obligatory or Oxymoron?

David Teten

She had so much insight to share that we broke the interview into two parts, 1) Corporate Venture Capital and more broadly, 2) How the Fortune 500 Can Buy, Invest and Partner with the Innovation Economy (coming soon). . Previously she was Co-Founder and CEO of SNAZZ, a cloud-based event management platform.

article thumbnail

How Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors Are Eating Their Own Dogfood

David Teten

Private equity and venture capital investors are copying our sisters in the hedge fund and mutual fund world: we’re trying to automate more of our job. Signal is a fundraising tool for founders run by NFX Guild, which identifies the most relevant VCs for you. . But we’re doing it slowly. Pitchbot.vc 3) Originate investments.

article thumbnail

Women 2.0 » FounderDating: How I Found My Co-Founder

www.women2.org

female founders. founder friday. Lessons learned from female founders and women entrepreneurs. Startup Quote: Wendy Tan White on Building a Successful Startup » FounderDating: How I Found My Co-Founder. Tweet By Elizabeth Knopf (Co-Founder & CEO, Sorced). Conference 2012.

article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs are Everywhere Show No. 20: Nayeem Hussain and Will Zell

Steve Blank

And know that just because a venture failed doesn’t mean that you’re a failure. The show follows the journeys of founders who share what it takes to build a startup – from restaurants to rocket scientists, to online gifts to online groceries and more. Will Zell , co-founder and CEO of Nikola Labs wireless power company.

article thumbnail

Bigger in Bend – Building a Regional Startup Cluster–part 1 of 3

Steve Blank

When Customer Development and the Lean Startup were just a sketch on the napkin, Dino Vendetti, a VC at Bay Partners, was one of the first venture capitalists I shared my ideas with. Over the years we brainstormed about how Lean entrepreneurship would affect regional development. What’s Different. Entrepreneurs in Bend.