Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Hosting Remove New York City
article thumbnail

Women 2.0 » FounderDating: How I Found My Co-Founder

www.women2.org

female founders. founder friday. Lessons learned from female founders and women entrepreneurs. WHATS HOT: EVENTS NEWS LEARN CAREER VIDEOS ESPAÑOL. Startup Quote: Wendy Tan White on Building a Successful Startup » FounderDating: How I Found My Co-Founder. Scoring Founder “Dates” On My Own.

article thumbnail

How much does it cost to build the world’s hottest startups?

The Next Web

Henrik Werdelin , the Managing Partner of Prehype , a venture development firm based in New York City that has helped build companies like Tradable , Barkbox , FancyHands , Basno and Path , says recreating Twitter isn’t necessarily difficult, but the layered features will take time to get right. 1) Twitter. 3) Facebook.

Cost 168
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Tech Diversity & Inclusion Allies at SXSW

Austin Startup

Brunner (@heatherjbrunner) | Twitter Preston James Co-founder & CEO DivInc Preston is at the center of everything Diversity & Inclusion in Austin. An early Human Rights Campaign board member and longtime Austin LGBTQ leader, Eugene co-chaired President Obama’s & the DNC’s LGBTQ Leadership Council.

article thumbnail

“It’s okay to take profits and not hodl forever.” Does this make Alex Taub a web3 contrarian or just reasonable?

Hunter Walker

When I befriended Alex Taub in 2013 he lived in New York City, didn’t have children, and certainly did not yet have thousands of dollars invested in virtual race horses. I had been in the NY tech scene since 2008/2009 and was just, generally, trying to be helpful to founders, investors, etc. It’s been a lot of fun.

Miami 81
article thumbnail

How I Ended Up Stranded in Austin Running a Dating Show During COVID-19

Austin Startup

I was on my way out of the cutthroat, bone-chilling cold environment that was New York City headed for the golden land of live music & BBQ. The team regularly co-worked out of Lazarus Brewery, which, for someone born & raised in NYC, was more of a radical change than COVID-19 remote work. It’s madness.

Austin 64
article thumbnail

Table Host – Chicago’s New Premium Dining Concierge Service

YoungUpstarts

But a new premium dining concierge service, Table Host , has just launched in the Chicago scene to help foodies get round problems with last-minute, spur-of-the-moment reservations at top dining establishments. First, the diner selects a reservation online or contacts his or her host directly. ” How does it work? .

Hosting 140
article thumbnail

The Texas Startup Manifesto

Austin Startup

The time has come for the Texas startup community to band together to change the world once again. Capital Factory focuses on hosting community programming that educates and inspires entrepreneurs, programmers, designers, and community leaders. Our community colleges are excellent as well.

Texas 97