Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Lead Investor Remove Partner
article thumbnail

Founders Interview: Atlas Group London – ConstructionTech Transforming Healthcare

The Startup Magazine

As part of The Startup Magazine Founder Interview Series , we interviewed Maha and David Harper, wife and husband co-founders of Atlas Group London, a construction-tech startup that has digitized the building of healthcare facilities. Our customer engagement has been solid, as has our engagement with partners.

article thumbnail

How Investors Are Increasing Their Returns Through Collaboration and Technology

David Teten

Howard Lindzon is Co-Founder and CEO of StockTwits, a social network for traders and investors to share real-time ideas and information. Mr. Lindzon has more than 20 years experience in the financial community acting in both an entrepreneurial and investing capacity. He joined Goldman Sachs & Co.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How Many Angels is the Right Amount for a Startup to Have?

Both Sides of the Table

I actually think a strong lead with some well-placed and experienced angels is the right mix. I save room in literally every deal to invite angels (or seed funds) to co-invest with me. All of my partners at Upfront do. Another founder … “When I pitched the idea to Adam, he was super on board,” Mr. Sloyan said.

Cap Table 150
article thumbnail

How Venture Capital Decision Making Has Changed During the Pandemic

View from Seed

The sudden arrival of the global pandemic has shifted the playbook for founders and venture capitalists. Investors previously prone to onsite visits and amassed airline miles, now grapple with how to form relationships and build confidence without having met teams in person. Zoom calls have taken the place of in-person meetings.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #12: Curative founder Fred Turner and Celine Halioua on diagnostic supply chains, scaling up testing, and partnering with government

Startup Lessons Learned

The story of how Curative pivoted and scaled is about moving with entrepreneurial speed to find a solution, then collaborating with investors and government for the public good. Celine Halioua , founder of a company called Celevity that is developing drugs to extend the lifespan of dogs, also played a key role. Celine Halioua : Yeah.

article thumbnail

Where are the Deals? How VCs Identify the Next Generation of Startups

David Teten

Now that I’ve been an institutional VC for a few years, I thought it would be helpful to revisit our findings from the investor side of the table. The venture capital industry is continuing its evolution from an upside-down pyramid (typically 3-10 Partners, plus some administrative support) to a traditional hierarchical pyramid.

article thumbnail

After Raising $6.7M For Startups And Winning SEC Approval, AngelList Opens Up Investment Platform To More Companies

techcrunch.com

From 2004 to 2007, she helped lead Congresswoman Carloyn Maloney’s community outreach and relations efforts in New York City. AngelList also partnered with SecondMarket to create an investment vehicle for these investments. Investors included Founders Fund, 500 Startups and Marc Cuban. → Learn More.

SEC 61