Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Lead Investor Remove Silicon Valley
article thumbnail

How Many Angels is the Right Amount for a Startup to Have?

Both Sides of the Table

” I found myself nodding through all of it with quotes like, “Seed investing is the status symbol of Silicon Valley,” said Sam Altman. I actually think a strong lead with some well-placed and experienced angels is the right mix. I save room in literally every deal to invite angels (or seed funds) to co-invest with me.

Cap Table 150
article thumbnail

The Difference Between ?No? and ?Not Yet? ? AGILEVC

Agile VC

Yet a clear and quick “no” is often the best response other than an enthusiastic “yes” But there’s a difference between “no” and “not yet” And “not yet” responses can depend both on the investor and the entprereneurs. Author howerl. Filed under Uncategorized. Read More ».

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #7, Brian Chesky Part 1: running Airbnb in crisis mode, being multi-stakeholder, and re-founding the company

Startup Lessons Learned

I've known Brian Chesky, Co-Founder, CEO and Head of Community at Airbnb for a long time. 5:01) Brian's thoughts on the human dimension to his approach and how that sets him apart in Silicon Valley. (6:06) 59:03) The need for creativity, intuition and compassion in Silicon Valley and business. (1:00:23)

article thumbnail

Where are the Deals? How VCs Identify the Next Generation of Startups

David Teten

The Geography of Successful and Unsuccessful Venture Capital Expansion ” that the best performing VC funds are based in the major venture centers (Silicon Valley, Boston, and the New York area), but their best investments are outside of those geographies. Create opportunities, instead of waiting for opportunities to appear.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #12: Curative founder Fred Turner and Celine Halioua on diagnostic supply chains, scaling up testing, and partnering with government

Startup Lessons Learned

The story of how Curative pivoted and scaled is about moving with entrepreneurial speed to find a solution, then collaborating with investors and government for the public good. Celine Halioua , founder of a company called Celevity that is developing drugs to extend the lifespan of dogs, also played a key role. Celine Halioua : Yeah.

article thumbnail

Raising $$ on AngelList? Working w/ McClure? Ask Jody Sherman

Both Sides of the Table

I was hanging out the other day with my buddy Jody Sherman, founder & CEO of EcoMom. I was an angel investor in his company, made a bunch of calls on his behalf and then I personally sent it out on AngelList. Co-founded a company in the private jet business – sold to Virgin America. Through this process he raised $2 million.

Valuation 292
article thumbnail

LinkedIn's Series B Pitch to Greylock: Pitch Advice for Entrepreneurs

reidhoffman.org

Even though we glossed over those slides, investors knew they could come back to those slides later and dig into them if necessary. By this point in the presentation, our goal was to lead investors to believe: A network-empowered people search application could be really valuable. It started with this pitch deck.