Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Seed Stage Remove Technical Review
article thumbnail

We’re Hiring a Platform and Operations Associate at NextView

View from Seed

From the beginnings of NextView, we have had a commitment to being high-conviction, hands-on, seed stage focused investors. You are a “digital native” with a strong interest in new technology and have hands-on proficiency with many online tools for managing social media interactions, event production, and project management.

article thumbnail

Cutting Through the AI Noise: How Startups Can Stand Out in a Crowded Market

VC Cafe

How can startups even compete against big tech, scale ups and other startups? While investments to generative AI startups are red hot, founders have to battle quite a few investor biases. Identify a specific niche or use case where your AI technology can provide unparalleled value, and become the go-to expert in that domain.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Does Your VC have an Investment Thesis, or a Hypothesis?

David Teten

(co-written with Stephane Nasser , co-founder of OpenVC , an open-source initiative to collect and analyze all VC theses.). OpenVC is a new, open-source initiative to collect and analyze all publicly available VC theses, to help founders more efficiently find the right investors, and vice-versa. of venture capital deals.

article thumbnail

Lessons from a Diverse Venture Capital Portfolio

This is going to be BIG.

Brooklyn Bridge Ventures , the pre-seed and seed stage VC fund I run in NYC, has invested in 64 companies in the last six and a half years. Twenty-five of them have at least one female co-founder. Fifteen had co-founders over 40. Five have LGBTQ+ founders.

article thumbnail

Flexible VC, a New Model for Companies Targeting Profitability

David Teten

(co-written with Jamie Finney, Founding Partner at Greater Colorado Venture Fund. His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. From RBI, Flexible VCs borrow the ability to reap meaningful returns without demanding founders build for an exit. Our categorization is not a technical one.

article thumbnail

Should You Consider Replacing Yourself as CEO?

Both Sides of the Table

My internal compass has always steered me strongly toward the belief that founders who can scale with their startup companies are better to back that founders who eventually need to hire a CEO. Very few founder CEOs go into the job ever expecting to give up their seat. It’s your baby. You took the biggest leap of faith.

article thumbnail

What’s Your VC Tech Stack? Results from a Survey of Early-Stage VC Funds

David Teten

VCs are at the forefront of technological disruption, funding many of the latest cutting edge productivity tools. Clint Korver, Partner at Ulu Ventures , remarked: “I’d compare this technology transformation as akin to what happened in public company investing. But what tools are they using themselves to automate their own processes?