Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Social Network Remove Technical Cofounder
article thumbnail

Finding a Technical Cofounder

bizthoughts.mikelee.org

BizThoughts Thoughts about business, technology, the web & entrepreneurship About Booklist Contact Nov 15 2011 Finding a Technical Cofounder By Mike Lee Categories: Entrepreneurship , Leadership Since I have a technical background, I get about one offer a month to join some engineering team, or to be a technical cofounder.

article thumbnail

Finding Your Co-Founders

techcrunch.com

The number one question you all asked after reading my last blog post about starting a business from scratch was “how do I find my co-founders?&# And therein lies the problem in finding co-founders for that startup you’re dying to launch. Having trouble meeting folks you think would be good co-founders?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Finding Founders

shelfmade.wordpress.com

ShelfMade Home About Best Article You’ll Ever Read and Not Understand Finding Non-Tech Founders October 3, 2007.5:27 If your idea sounds anything like “A social network for &# you probably need something else. If I would have kept my mouth shut I would probably still be looking for a co-founder.

Founder 40
article thumbnail

6 Ways to Recruit Talent for Startups

mashable.com

The mailing list works in two ways: Every two weeks the 10 most interesting listings are e-mailed to more than 40,000 startups on the “Help a Startup Out Digest” listserv, and every week the best technical listings are sent to the “Hackers Digest” listserv. 38 New Social Media Resources You May. Groupon Adds Self-Serve Deal Platform.

Coder 60
article thumbnail

Do You Need to Be a Developer to Found a Web Startup?

thenetsetter.com

Even less-obvious founders like the internet media personality and Digg founder Kevin Rose actually began in computer science. Are you inventing new technical solutions to a problem? In the cases of all the founders I just mentioned the answer was yes. The web is full of these sorts of openings for a savvy startup.

Web 40
article thumbnail

How Universities Can Help Students and Alumni Work in the Tech Industry

David Teten

But now, the defining movie of today’s twentysomethings is “The Social Network”. Along with some friends from Yale (my alma mater), I recently brainstormed some ideas to accelerate a university’s campus tech community. Marketing of tech community : Yale Tech News , Yale Entrepreneurship Magazine.

article thumbnail

Social Media Matching

SoCal CTO

People seem to be missing the really big picture of the value of social media and really the Internet for that matter. They look at how current social networking sites work and how online and offline relationships currently work and make the assumption that this represents the value proposition.