article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs (2018)

crowdSPRING Blog

But this is becoming less true today, as more and more entrepreneurs find their way across the U.S. Increasingly, these metro areas are regularly appearing in rankings of the best cities in the United States for startups and entrepreneurs. It’s no wonder so many entrepreneurs launch their startup in Boulder. Boulder, CO.

article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs

crowdSPRING Blog

But this is becoming less true today, as more and more entrepreneurs find their way across the U.S. The overall culture in Austin is renowned for its supportiveness of the small business community. Foundry Group’s founder Brad Feld noted : Entrepreneurs here use a ‘give before you get’ mentality. Los Angeles.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Lean Startup Conference 2018 is Coming to Las Vegas

Startup Lessons Learned

After eight years in San Francisco, the Lean Startup Company's annual flagship conference is moving to downtown Las Vegas. a little while back about hosting our conference in Downtown Las Vegas, we saw it as an opportunity to further expand our mission beyond Silicon Valley. I'm excited to tell you more about it.

article thumbnail

What Makes a Successful Startup Community? Is it Possible to Build One Where You Live?

Both Sides of the Table

Today I’d like to talk about what startup communities outside of Silicon Valley look like, how they emerge and what makes them take hold. Most of what I think about startup communities came from mentorship by Brad Feld through hours of private discussion and debate. Think Fred Wilson, Tony Hsieh or Brad Feld.

Community 378
article thumbnail

GRP Announces $200 Million Fund. Rebrands as Upfront Ventures

Both Sides of the Table

It is 12,000 sq ft of indoor /outdoor space and we’re building into a community work environment. Wouldn’t we be a bit hypocritical if we talked with entrepreneurs about innovation and change but we weren’t willing to take it on ourselves? We also saw that the same types of entrepreneurs were repeatedly getting funded.

article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs

crowdSPRING Blog

But this is becoming less true today, as more and more entrepreneurs find their way across the U.S. The overall culture in Austin is renowned for its supportiveness of the small business community. Foundry Group’s founder Brad Feld noted : Entrepreneurs here use a ‘give before you get’ mentality. Los Angeles.

article thumbnail

26 Entrepreneurs Explain Their Major Accomplishments in 2017

Hearpreneur

In the last few days of 2017, we took some time to ask a few entrepreneurs and business what their biggest business accomplishments were. #1- One of my major accomplishments of 2017 is being named Chair of the Public Relations and Communications Committee for The Los Angeles South Chamber of Commerce. 1- Top rankings. 11- New products.