article thumbnail

6 Strategies To Find An Investor For Your New Venture

Startup Professionals Musings

One of the biggest myths I have found in the entrepreneur community is that every startup needs one or more outside investors for credibility and success, and perhaps is even entitled to at least one. But operating in stealth mode, or waiting for that perfect investor to find you, or feeling entitled, is even less effective.

article thumbnail

6 Tips On Where And When To Look For Startup Funding

One of the biggest myths I have found in the entrepreneur community is that every startup needs one or more outside investors for credibility and success, and perhaps is even entitled to at least one. But operating in stealth mode, or waiting for that perfect investor to find you, or feeling entitled, is even less effective.

Stealth 434
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Scale Support of Portfolio Companies

David Teten

Large private equity funds like KKR can afford to pursue a consulting model ( Capstone ), typically with associated fees, but that doesn’t normally make economic sense for a VC. N etwork – We organize events regularly to build out our community. We have lower AUM, therefore lower management fees. We use Asana internally at HOF.

article thumbnail

What Entrepreneurs Should do about Price Fixing

Both Sides of the Table

Convertible or equity? It is such a small community that it is hard to raise money by stealth. It is such a small community that it is hard to raise money by stealth. At what valuation? Cap or warrants? This also happens with VCs. Information flows. That is why I tell people not to shop deals too widely.

article thumbnail

Monetisation is Key to drive The Second Renaissance in the Creator Economy

VC Cafe

Creators that are able to grow a community while keeping engagement levels high have a greater opportunity to make a living from their craft more than ever before in history. We’ve made several investments in the space (some are still in stealth). Creator Funds.

Audio 167
article thumbnail

Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning– Explained

Steve Blank

Now open-source code libraries and developer tools allow organizations to use and build upon the work of external communities. The opportunity is so large that there are hundreds of AI accelerator startups designing their own chips, funded by 10’s of billions of venture capital and private equity.

article thumbnail

6 Places To Find The Right Investor For Your Startup

Stealth 120