article thumbnail

Labor in the 21st Century: Cryptoeconomics, Communities and Global Markets

thebarefootvc

The growing NFT infrastructure allowed those that were not able to find markets for their art before to monetize their work through online global communities. The Philippines and SE Asia have been the largest markets to date for Yield Games. This year, we saw a markedly different demographic start trading and collecting NFTs.

Global 40
article thumbnail

SXSW Pitch Finalist: Milis Bio

Austin Startup

But don’t lose sight of the fact that we’re already in the midst of a deadly global epidemic. Cork has a small town community feel with big city ambitions, companies, and amenities. Whether it’s sheep brain in Morocco, chicken gizzards in the Philippines, or whatever is being combined with pizza/nachos in the U.S. At least 2.8

Ireland 62
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain Their Major Accomplishments in 2019

Hearpreneur

Due to my effort I was featured on Inc, Iheart radio shows, the morning show by global news and many more. Another step we took was to establish a couple of international locations including Turkey and Cebu, Philippines, that are sought after by medical tourists seeking lower prices for their hair transplant procedures.

article thumbnail

12 Questions: Meet Mon Paningbatan (Philippines)

crowdSPRING Blog

In our 12 Questions blog series, we feature interviews with someone from the crowdSPRING community. For these interviews, we pick people who add value to our community – in the blog, in the forums, in the projects. Plainly – activities that make crowdSPRING a better community. Mon lives and works in Manila, Philippines.

article thumbnail

These Are The Most Exciting FinTechs To Emerge In Southeast Asia

YoungUpstarts

The countries are Singapore (490 FinTechs), Indonesia (262 FinTechs), Malaysia (196 FinTechs), Thailand (128 FinTechs), Philippines (115 FinTechs), and Vietnam (77 FinTechs). One major force driving the growth of the global financial service industry is e-commerce. MoMo has gained over 2.5 million customers in Vietnam.

Asia 138
article thumbnail

Four Tips For Singaporean Startups To Ensure Success Past The Five Year Mark

YoungUpstarts

Global Entrepreneurship Week took place last month around the world, and it was a rather opportune time for me to examine the factors that have helped Singapore startups succeed. RSS feeds can also be very helpful for keeping on top of conversations in the small business community, helping to build mental model of the market.

Singapore 162
article thumbnail

Is Outsourcing Exploitation?

Entrepreneurs-Journey.com by Yaro Starak

I was comfortable with my stance on outsourcing, comfortable enough to recommend it and promote products, and profit from the affiliate commissions, from people who use the catch-call of $2-per-hour labor and the phrase – “ they do the work, you get the money “ I’ve begun the process of outsourcing to the Philippines.