article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

We asked some entrepreneurs and business owners, why they started their businesses: #1- To build a community. I wanted to be a part of a community of consultants that would provide me with the opportunity to build relationships with other practitioners, share lessons learned, and periodically collaborate. Photo Credit: Sheryl Green.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Share Their One Prediction for Business in 2023

Hearpreneur

Photo Credit: James Green. Thanks to James Green, Cardboard Cutouts ! #22- Thanks to Cory Dickson, 3DPrintingWiz LLC ! #26- Thanks to Scott DePeralta, Scott DePeralta Consulting LLC ! #29- Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. Thanks to John Myers, Myers & Myers Real Estate, Inc ! #21-

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

7 Citizen Engagement Tips to Help Build Sustainable and Inclusive Smart Cities

Austin Startup

Image Description: Background image includes blue and green squares of varying sizes. Instead, cities must support and engage the broader community, prioritize and practice human-centered urban design, and provide diverse, accessible, and inclusive pathways for robust citizen co-creation. “As

LLC 48
article thumbnail

What is a Social Enterprise?

Up and Running

it is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit, but because of its dedication to sustainability, it is now working with local communities to form separate stove manufacturing factories in their countries. An L3C is a variation on an LLC, essentially a hybrid form of a nonprofit and for-profit company. Here in the U.S. that social enterprises can take.

article thumbnail

Diversity Includes Disability

Austin Startup

Image Description: An artist installation of a super-large metallic wheelchair with black wheels and multi-colored spokes displayed in an open-air green, grass field with buildings shown in the background. Another good resource for engaging the disability community is published at Austin Startups ?—?right

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

2- Worked closely with our most active community members. We worked extremely closely with our most active community members to name Commaful. A name that our community helped choose and really reflects the people who use the site today! When I was focusing more on just the green part, I used Green And Profitable.

Naming 97
article thumbnail

20 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

As an aside, we recently incorporated into The WordSorters LLC, a full-service content marketing agency. Cepeda, Broken Chains, LLC ! #6- We communicate daily with our clients around the country and around the world. Thanks to Graciela Tiscareno-Sato, Gracefully Global Group LLC ! #16- Thanks to Sarah J.

Naming 87