article thumbnail

GRP Announces $200 Million Fund. Rebrands as Upfront Ventures

Both Sides of the Table

It is 12,000 sq ft of indoor /outdoor space and we’re building into a community work environment. Perhaps the biggest piece of new news is that after 17 years of operations we’ve changed our name from GRP Partners to Upfront Ventures. We chose a location that fit our style. What’s up with that? So what changed?

article thumbnail

How VCs Think About Adding New Partners

Both Sides of the Table

Operating experience (Helped run parts of CitySearch & UrbanSpoon, tons of product management experience, Board of Hatch Labs which helped spawn Tinder). billion IPO), HealthDataInsights (Las Vegas, $400 million) as well as LA (Maker Studios $1 billion, TrueCar $1.3 billion IPO), Envestnet (Chicago, $1.25

Partner 408
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

An interview with founder, author, and Lean Startup Conference 2018 speaker Aaron Dignan

Startup Lessons Learned

Aaron Dignan --who has described himself as "obsessed with organizational adaptivity" --is one of the speakers at this year’s Lean Startup Conference in Las Vegas , where he’ll be talking about How to Reinvent Your Organization. So you need to be conscious of the context you're operating in. Is it complicated? Is it chaotic?

Lean 83
article thumbnail

Bolstering the Partner Ranks at GRP

Both Sides of the Table

He had joined a young startup in LA called HauteLook and was interested in getting to know the local tech community. After that you could tell that Greg was really “all in” on the LA technology community. Community builders. So why Greg and why now? I first met Greg about 4 years ago or so.

Partner 360
article thumbnail

Why I Go To CES

Feld Thoughts

Many of the CE companies and products operate on an annual product cycle and this helps me understand what is going to this year, at which point I don’t have to think hard about it for another year (yeah – I pay attention – but I have a really useful context). Finally, I had plenty that is the weirdness of Las Vegas.

Las Vegas 128
article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain Their Major Accomplishments in 2019

Hearpreneur

This focus has helped me recruit the best and the brightest in the field, build a world-class operation, and most of all, with all the knowledge in a specific vertical, help build a leading agency for food & beverage manufacturers that are looking to build a direct to consumer channel. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community.

article thumbnail

So You Want to Start a Cannabis Business: Advice for the Absolute Beginner

Up and Running

Generally, when someone thinks about types of cannabis businesses, dispensaries and grow operations usually come to mind. But the cannabis industry is much more than just grow operations and dispensaries. When starting a business in any industry, having a unique idea that fills an unmet need is crucial to becoming a success.

Las Vegas 144