article thumbnail

It's time for lean philanthropy: a case study

Startup Lessons Learned

I’ve long been an advocate of using Lean Startup principles to advance non-profits and philanthropic organizations, whose work is so urgently needed at this moment in history. In this blog post, I want to share the story of a lean pop-up organization called HelpKitchen. SF New Deal and Frontline Foods were early leaders.

Lean 128
article thumbnail

The Future of Government: Hayward & the Lean Startup

Startup Lessons Learned

Guest post by Jennifer Maerz, contributing editor of Lean Startup Co. It’s been exciting to watch the Lean Startup movement grow from a practice utilized in the tech world to one implemented in a wide variety of sectors ranging from enterprise to education, religious organizations, nonprofits, and government groups.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Save the Date! the 5th Lean Innovation Educators Summit

Steve Blank

SAVE THE DATE for the 5th Lean Innovation Educators Summit on The Role of Educators and the University in Building Sustainable and Innovative Ecosystems February 3rd, 2022 from 1 to 4pm EST, 10 to 1pm PST Join me, Jerry Engel, Pete Newell, and Steve Weinstein as well as educators from universities around the world for this upcoming event.

Lean 357
article thumbnail

We’re Programming Around Your Needs: Highlights of Lean Startup Week 2017

Startup Lessons Learned

Guest post by Jennifer Maerz, Program Chair of Lean Startup Co. For eight years, our flagship conference has focused on sharing stories and lessons of putting Lean Startup’s entrepreneurial methodology into practice. Lean Startup Week (Oct. 31 ( limited to the first 200 Gold Passholders.)

Lean 108
article thumbnail

Your Company Can Either Lead Sustainability Efforts Or Get Out Of The Way

YoungUpstarts

When Uber coordinated its first ride in San Francisco in 2010, it changed the transportation game. CEO Warner Baxter believes a company is only as strong as the community it serves. As a result, Ameren invests in and builds up its surrounding regions — and the company benefits from the community’s positive momentum.

article thumbnail

The 2015 Lean Startup Conference is the Biggest Yet

Startup Lessons Learned

Guest post by Jennifer Maerz, Contributing Editor of Lean Startup Co. Really, there’s no better way to recharge and return to work inspired than spending a few days with the Lean Startup’s global network. A Lean Startup training kinda guy? Join us Nov. But wait — there’s more. Get smart, fast Our Ignite talks are back!

Lean 60
article thumbnail

Lessons Learned: Lean hiring tips

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Monday, January 19, 2009 Lean hiring tips In preparing for the strategy series panel this week, I have been doing some thinking about costs. Fundamentally, lean startups do more with less, because they systematically find and eliminate waste that slows down value creation. Another terrific post, Eric.

Lean 140