article thumbnail

What Makes a Successful Startup Community? Is it Possible to Build One Where You Live?

Both Sides of the Table

Today I’d like to talk about what startup communities outside of Silicon Valley look like, how they emerge and what makes them take hold. Most of what I think about startup communities came from mentorship by Brad Feld through hours of private discussion and debate. Think Fred Wilson, Tony Hsieh or Brad Feld.

Community 378
article thumbnail

San Diego and Entrepreneurial Communities

David Cohen

Last night, I was invited by Xconomy to come to San Diego and talk about entrepreneurial communities at a private dinner that had about 25 entrepreneurs and investors that care deeply about the issue. I talked about how the real up and coming communities are entrepreneur led. Most stayed up, but some went away quickly.

San Diego 130
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

10 Companies Want To Show You The Money

YoungUpstarts

by Pabla Ayala, cofounder of pFunk Media Is your holiday gift-giving list becoming longer and pricier than your current wallet can handle? Paul, San Francisco, LA, San Diego, Seattle, Chicago, Boston, and Washington, DC. Here are 10 online platforms that want you to show you the money: 1. Task Rabbit.

article thumbnail

Growing a Profitable Marketing Consulting Practice: My First Year as a Duct Tape Marketing Consultant

Duct Tape Marketing

My first interaction with John Jantsch was in April of 2016 at the annual Social Media Marketing World conference in San Diego, CA. A copy of John Jantsch’s presentation at the 2016 Social Media Marketing World conference in San Diego, CA. They make it so easy! Before Joining the Network.

article thumbnail

18 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

I believe everyone is a leader, whether it’s at work, home, church, or in their community. At that time, I had built my own social media following into the thousands (before the days of all the countless blogs on social media were created). I started my business in San Diego in 2007. 16 – Laid Off.

San Diego 112
article thumbnail

How to Open a Marijuana Dispensary

Up and Running

We talked with two dispensary owners from pioneering states: Mitch Woolhiser, owner of Northern Lights Cannabis Company in Denver, Colorado, and Lincoln Fish, CEO of OutCo Labs, which manages the dispensary Outliers Collective in San Diego, California. There is a map online that shows all the San Diego county compliant properties.”.

article thumbnail

A Confusing Social Media Birthday

Feld Thoughts

We had a very mellow birthday this year, spent it with a few friends who came to visit us in San Diego at the tennis place we love to hide at, and basically just slept late, played tennis, read a lot, got massages, ate nice food, and had adult activities. The post A Confusing Social Media Birthday appeared first on Feld Thoughts.