article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Share Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

We asked entrepreneurs to share why they started their businesses and here are the responses: #1- To empower women Photo Credit: Tresa Todd As a real estate investor, I saw the immense need for women to come together, network, and learn more about real estate investing (REI). Thanks to Tresa Todd, Women's Real Estate Investors Network ! #2-

article thumbnail

How To Open Your Own Public Library

Hunter Walker

It’s modest in size but made us part of a worldwide network called Little Free Libraries. Turns out Little Free Library is nearly 11 years old and started with one guy in Wisconsin! Now there’s a global network of people who buy or build their own, for installation at their home or business. On our lawn.

Wisconsin 112
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

12 Questions: Meet Catherine Feeman-Fick (Wisconsin – USA)

crowdSPRING Blog

In our 12 Questions blog series, we feature interviews with someone from the crowdSPRING community. For these interviews, we pick people who add value to our community – in the blog, in the forums, in the projects. Plainly – activities that make crowdSPRING a better community. Catherine lives and works in Wisconsin.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain the Role of a Mentor in Their Business

Hearpreneur

Thanks to Ryne Lambert, Sell My House In Wisconsin ! . #15- Our relationship has benefited me in infinite ways, but the prominent area is teaching me how to really speak up and be heard and how to receive feedback in vital areas, such as communications, technical abilities, and leadership skills. 28- Helps in networking.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain the Future Trends They See in Their Industry

Hearpreneur

Thanks to Ryne Lambert, Sell My House In Wisconsin ! #19- Today, thanks to the internet, people are connecting more and discovering a network of support when it comes to managing their unique health issues. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. 19- Continued advancement of AI technology. Photo Credit: Mark Daoust.

article thumbnail

What I Learned from 500 Educators – Build Back Better Summit – Results

Steve Blank

With the theme “Build Back Better” Jerry Engel , Pete Newell , Steve Weinstein and I co-hosted nearly 500 Lean Educators from 63 countries and 235 universities online for a three-hour session to share what we’ve learned about educators on how we can help our communities rebound, adjust, and recover. Here’s what we learned. — Background.

Lean 417
article thumbnail

Never Mind the Valley: Here's Madison

ReadWriteStart

Madison, Wisconsin has always been known as a progressive town - in part because it's home to the University of Wisconsin-Madison. With over 60 member companies, the group has helped bring the Madison entrepreneur community together. Earlier this year, Forbes Magazine named Madison the 7th most innovative city in the U.S.,

Wisconsin 149