article thumbnail

SXSW Startups: Knowbella

Austin Startup

The Forrest Four-Cast: February 7, 2019 Fifty diverse startups will aim to impress a panel of judges and a live audience with their skills, creativity and innovation at SXSW Pitch Presented by Cyndx. Our team is experienced with over 150 years of research and software product development experience that includes five startups and an exit.

article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs are Everywhere Show No. 20: Nayeem Hussain and Will Zell

Steve Blank

The show follows the journeys of founders who share what it takes to build a startup – from restaurants to rocket scientists, to online gifts to online groceries and more. He previously founded N&N Investments LLC, a real estate investment holding company; and is a program leader and fellow of the Startup Leadership Program. .

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

I originally provided pro-bono public relations services to artists and non-profits due to my love for the community and the arts. I wanted to make the community and the world aware of the talent, businesses and resources that thrive within my city. Thanks to Niesha Kennedy, Kennedy Robinson PR ! #12- Photo Credit: Sandeep Todi.

article thumbnail

Odis Jones Explains How to Strengthen Your Rural Community’s Economy

The Startup Magazine

Rural communities in the United States are encountering challenges that threaten the overall state of the land and quality of life experienced by the residents. Rural community development needs a new look. Rural community development needs a new look. Determine Existing Assets. The Greater Paducah region generated $39.9

article thumbnail

Meet Arbor Brewing Company: How Do You Grow A Local Business Brand?

Brandanew

But, there’s research to show that, for every $1 spent with local businesses, 73 cents come back to the community. Your staff, the lawyers, marketing, all tends to come from the local community. We have a great relationship with our community. When you are a local business, you also use local services.

Michigan 100
article thumbnail

This Week in the NYC Innovation Community – January 25, 2010

This is going to be BIG.

You are now free to marry the soon to be released Apple Tablet in California, New York, Arkansas, Ohio, Maine and Vermont. We're kicking off 2010 with demos from four exciting new local startups. To get this list in your inbox each Monday morning, sign up here. This just in: Six states have now lifted the marriage ban. RSVP: [link].

Haiti 60
article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs are Everywhere Show No. 45: Dan Miller and Brian Zuercher

Steve Blank

The same passion that got your startup idea off the ground can blind you to signs that your company is failing. How to recognize when it’s time to pull the plug on your startup idea, and why founders can’t operate afford to operate in a vacuum were the focus on today’s Entrepreneurs are Everywhere radio show.

Columbus 248