article thumbnail

Reflection on Local Angel Investment From Inside Out

Gust

I just finished with the fourth of our annual angel investment event for my local group based in Eugene and Corvallis, Oregon. We now have an investment in Cascade ProDrug, using technology developed at our own University of Oregon (based in Eugene, where I live) to help people fight cancer by reducing the toxic effects of chemotherapy.

article thumbnail

Bigger in Bend – Building a Regional Startup Cluster–part 1 of 3

Steve Blank

When Customer Development and the Lean Startup were just a sketch on the napkin, Dino Vendetti, a VC at Bay Partners, was one of the first venture capitalists I shared my ideas with. Dino and I kept in touch as he moved up to Bend, Oregon on a mission to engineer Bend into a regional technology cluster. Here’s Part 1 of Dino’s story….

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Write a Business Plan for an Outpatient Medical Practice

Up and Running

Financial summary: Explain your business model, startup costs, revenues, and liabilities to the company. Here’s a brief example: The problem : There is a lack of affordable pediatric and gynecological care available in coastal areas of Lane County, Oregon. When writing your financial plan, make sure to consider startup costs.

article thumbnail

Mentoring the mentors: Advice and inspiration for startup mentors

siliconflorist.com

Covering the blossoming startup industry in Portland, Oregon, and the Silicon Forest. Mentoring the mentors: Advice and inspiration for startup mentors. Inspired again, I thought I’d augment their mentor guidance a bit with some things that I’ve learned from observing PIE startups and mentors over the past year.

article thumbnail

5 Tips to Becoming a More Customer Centric Organization

Both Sides of the Table

This is part of my ongoing posts on Startup Advice. I know that this all seems obvious now with the movements started by Steven Blank ( Four Steps of Epiphany ) with the whole Customer Development processes / Lean Startup movements also popularized by people like Eric Ries. Many startups today don’t do these kinds of sessions.

Customer 280
article thumbnail

SWOT Analysis Examples

Up and Running

Botanical Bounty is an Oregon-based perennial farm that grows a variety of botanical, medicinal plants. Access startup funds. Find startup funding. Access startup capital. A weakness that may deter investors is NovOculi’s lack of relationship with the medical device distribution community. About the company.

Botswana 148
article thumbnail

How to Choose a Business Location

Up and Running

See Also: Business Startup Checklist. Do you have access to an engaged community that is eager to help? See Also: Estimating Realistic Startup Costs. Zoning map of Eugene, Oregon. Our business in located on Country Club Drive and down the street from a large country club community.”. Is safety very important?