article thumbnail

The Market Is Hot for Code Climate, NextView’s Newest Investment

Genuine VC

When Chad Pytel introduced me to Bryan Helmkamp , CEO/Co-founder of Code Climate , I knew that I had to pay attention. So I chatted with Bryan about Code Climate’s service, which provides automated code review (originally Ruby, but also JavaScript and now PHP). But what impressed me most is what happened next.

article thumbnail

5 Free Platforms Entrepreneurs Should Be Using To Manage And Streamline Their Business

YoungUpstarts

Once you have reviewed that resource and you have your bearings on what it takes to get started, you can start thinking about streamlining and implementing extensions of your business (think accounting and payroll, apps, ecommerce, etc). Use Wix to build a professional website for free. Best way to manage your social media – Hootsuite.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The most important 2021 Predictions in entertainment tech and gaming

VC Cafe

Game streaming continues to grow in 2021 – According to StreamElements 2020 year in review , game streaming broke new records in 2020. Products that were previously not inherently social, will embrace community, stories and sharing to increase stickiness and drive revenue. The “creator economy” will prosper in 2021.

article thumbnail

How to Scale a Venture Capital (or Private Equity) Fund

David Teten

. – Templatize the entrepreneurial process , by providing checklists, standardized agreements and other reusable code. Coinvestors need to figure out ways to prioritize themselves in a VC’s preference stack for syndicating opportunities. – Syndicate Special Purpose Vehicles (“SPVs”) for specific opportunities.

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

ConnecTeen Minds is about creating a community of teenagers that were disconnected from their lives but by coming to my platform they were now part of a greater community. It’s code and portal combined, and it just took someone close to us to. ‘Streets’ is symbolic for this community. 7- Latin word for growth.

Naming 152
article thumbnail

The Power of Quora & Why Benchmark was Right to Pay Up

Both Sides of the Table

If you find the right community it’s a great way to learn, contribute and get to know other people with similar interest. Basically, it’s a topic community discussion board and that’s why people go to AVC.com every day. AVC: I’ve always loved Q&A websites and discussion boards. articles and leaves.

article thumbnail

How Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors Are Eating Their Own Dogfood

David Teten

My colleagues Sebastian Soler , Steven Greenberg and I recently launched a new online community, PEVCTech.com , exclusively for PE/VC investors; engineers who work at PE/VC funds; and other technologists who specialize in working on this problem. 5) Due diligence. 4) Manage deal flow. Talent Relationship Management tools (e.g.,