article thumbnail

Corporate Venture Capital: Obligatory or Oxymoron?

David Teten

She had so much insight to share that we broke the interview into two parts, 1) Corporate Venture Capital and more broadly, 2) How the Fortune 500 Can Buy, Invest and Partner with the Innovation Economy (coming soon). . Teten: How do corporate VCs interact with the broader VC community? . They invest alongside financial VCs.

article thumbnail

6 Strategies To Find An Investor For Your New Venture

Startup Professionals Musings

One of the biggest myths I have found in the entrepreneur community is that every startup needs one or more outside investors for credibility and success, and perhaps is even entitled to at least one. But operating in stealth mode, or waiting for that perfect investor to find you, or feeling entitled, is even less effective.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

This Week in VC Episode 6 with @Jason Calacanis: Best One Yet

Both Sides of the Table

Next Wednesday we’ll have Dana Settle of Greycroft Partners, a New York / LA early-stage venture capital fund. Nevertheless, if you share too much in your funding process or meet too many VCs expect a certain amount of your ideas to spread around the startup community. This is unintentional and inevitable.

Stealth 285
article thumbnail

6 Tips On Where And When To Look For Startup Funding

Startup Professionals Musings

One of the biggest myths I have found in the entrepreneur community is that every startup needs one or more outside investors for credibility and success, and perhaps is even entitled to at least one. But operating in stealth mode, or waiting for that perfect investor to find you, or feeling entitled, is even less effective.

Stealth 434
article thumbnail

30 Machine Intelligence Startups to Watch in Israel

VC Cafe

Don’t take my word for it – in the roundup of venture capital predictions for 2017 , I found it to be the top recurring theme. Venture Capital investments in AI, Europe 2016 (Source: Dealroom ). Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning will be eating the world. Some examples: AI will be the new mobile.

article thumbnail

The most important 2021 Predictions in entertainment tech and gaming

VC Cafe

Disclaimer: we have three portfolio companies in the consumer mobile space, still in stealth). Products that were previously not inherently social, will embrace community, stories and sharing to increase stickiness and drive revenue. This may also trickle down to Google and Amazon. The Information and VentureBeat have more on this.

article thumbnail

Breyer Capital Austin?—?End of Year Update

Austin Startup

Old and new friends have reached out to welcome us to their community and share ideas about how we could play an impactful role in this remarkable city and state. Even in 2020, a difficult year by any measure, the Austin community has surpassed all of my expectations.

Austin 84