Remove 1998 Remove Community Remove Media Remove Naming
article thumbnail

4 Reasons For Creating Your Brand Online On Your Own Land

Brandanew

The reason I got reminded of it, was a conversation with a brand owner about the great impact he had created for this brand on earned media. While the brand/ products had found organic mentions all over the Internet and who’s who media of their particular industry, the brand itself had little presence on social media or Google.

article thumbnail

How to Get World Class Experts to Support Your Company

David Teten

I was excited to see that GLG (formerly Gerson Lehrman Group), the industry leader, is now offering a professional network service geared to the needs of the startup community: GLG Share. Like many established finance & media companies, GLG knows that the tech startup sector is a growing part of the economy.

New York 114
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

19 Psychological Tactics for Successful Crowdfunding Campaigns

ConversionXL

But indirect reciprocity plays a powerful role in online communities, such as open-source development. Crowdfunding communities are no different. For example, potential donors in the Kickstarter community are more likely to fund your project if you’ve donated to other Kickstarter projects. Strategy: Trigger Their Self-Awareness.

article thumbnail

Think Different: How To Make Your Tagline Stand Out From The Crowd

crowdSPRING Blog

As I wrote last week in 10 Tips for Startups and Small Businesses on Naming Your Company , coming up with a great company name for your new small business or startup can be challenging and time consuming. Think different (Apple) – 1998. Coming up with a memorable tagline can present an even greater challenge.

article thumbnail

Think Different: How To Make Your Tagline Stand Out From The Crowd

crowdSPRING Blog

As I wrote last week in 10 Tips for Startups and Small Businesses on Naming Your Company , coming up with a great company name for your new small business or startup can be challenging and time consuming. Think different (Apple) – 1998. Coming up with a memorable tagline can present an even greater challenge.

article thumbnail

It’s Morning in Venture Capital

Both Sides of the Table

In 1998 there were around 850 VC funds and by 2000 there were 2,300. In 1998 it was 150 million, 1999 250 million and by 2000 it had crossed 350 million. When you order an Amazon Kindle it comes pre-configured with your user name already configured into the device so that you can click a single button and buy shit.

article thumbnail

Probable and Improbable Lobbying Wins: The 1,000-stockholder Rule

Gust

Talented entrepreneurs are nothing if not resilient in the face of change: Market forces, competitive threats, technological shifts, you name it. Without these two laws (or their equivalent), the social media revolution of the past decade would have been stillborn.

IPO 110