Remove 1998 Remove Community Remove Media Remove Networking
article thumbnail

4 Reasons For Creating Your Brand Online On Your Own Land

Brandanew

The reason I got reminded of it, was a conversation with a brand owner about the great impact he had created for this brand on earned media. While the brand/ products had found organic mentions all over the Internet and who’s who media of their particular industry, the brand itself had little presence on social media or Google.

article thumbnail

How Investors Are Increasing Their Returns Through Collaboration and Technology

David Teten

The first panel will focus on public markets and will discuss the use and effectiveness of social media tools and data mining technologies in harnessing the wisdom of crowds to generate investment ideas. Howard Lindzon is Co-Founder and CEO of StockTwits, a social network for traders and investors to share real-time ideas and information.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Get World Class Experts to Support Your Company

David Teten

As the former CEO of a professional expert network , I’m a firm believer in the value of speedy access to relevant experts. I was excited to see that GLG (formerly Gerson Lehrman Group), the industry leader, is now offering a professional network service geared to the needs of the startup community: GLG Share.

New York 114
article thumbnail

ProductionHUB Helps You Search For Media Production Professionals

YoungUpstarts

If you’re a small business or entrepreneur that needs some quality, professional media production work but have no idea where to look for a reliable provider, ProductionHUB ( www.productionhub.com ) is probably your answer (or at least, it will give you your answer). The site sees over 3.5 million user sessions annually.

Search 154
article thumbnail

How To Predict The Future

Feld Thoughts

By day he works on web and social media for HP. A big technical challenge we studied was piping streaming video over networks. Using just two data points, the modem I had in 1986 and the modem I had in 1998, the spreadsheet predicts that I’d have a 25 megabit/second connection in 2012. Napster arrived in June, 1999.

article thumbnail

27 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

Once I knew I definitely wanted to start a fashion boutique, I started talking about it to people and on social media platforms like Facebook, so people could hold me accountable. It was 1998 and the internet wasn’t exactly readily available. It sounds simple now, but in 1998 it was unheard of. What were the election results?

article thumbnail

What the Past Can Tell Us About the Future of Social Networking

Both Sides of the Table

I recently spoke at Caltech at the Caltech / MIT Enterprise Forum on “the future of social networking,&# the 30-minute video is here and the PowerPoint presentation is here on DocStoc ). What are the big trends that will drive the next phase of social networks? And so it goes with social networking. The Past (1985-2002).