Remove 2000 Remove Community Remove Distribution Remove Government
article thumbnail

Presidential Innovation Fellows, round two

Startup Lessons Learned

Yes, there are Lean Startups even in the United States federal government. For my take on how this is possible, you can see my previous post on Lean Government here. Each team of innovators is supported by a broader community of interested citizens throughout the country.

article thumbnail

Startup Communities: Creating A Great Entrepreneurial Ecosystem In Your City

Feld Thoughts

For now, the title is “ Startup Communities: Creating A Great Entrepreneurial Ecosystem In Your City.” If you are a leader in your entrepreneurial community and have something you want to add , email me 500 – 1000 words. I also plan to price it low so it has the potential for broad distribution. Government.

Community 142
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How Reed Hastings’ Facebook Status Update Landed Netflix in SEC’s Crosshairs

Gust

The move came as a shock to many in the tech business community, in which we’ve become accustomed to real-time disclosure by company executives through social media. In 2000, the SEC adopted Regulation FD in response to growing concerns regarding “ selective disclosure.” What could be wrong with more transparency?

SEC 158
article thumbnail

Public Hospital Modern Woes – Aging Infrastructure, Unions, Pensions, High Regulation. 

The Startup Magazine

This article will focus on the impact of hospitals in that equation, specifically those public health system owned and controlled by local Governments. [2]. Further into their lifecycle, though, they found themselves beholden to certain financial and governance handicaps. Hospital System Roots. Unions often cast an outsized presence.

article thumbnail

21 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

4- Provide intelligence to the government and the public. Government and the American public. One thing led to another, and my husband and I ended up getting an exclusive distribution contract in Canada for a major French brand. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. Thanks to Chris Jarvis, JarvisTower ! #4-

article thumbnail

Nonprofit CEO Providing PPEs For Essential Workers

Hearpreneur

Now, the company and its CEO Ella Gudwin are taking that a step further—offering their resources and capabilities to assist in the manufacturing and distribution of PPE for essential workers on the front lines of the COVID-19 effort. He arrived at the project site as a young optometrist to find 2000 people waiting to have their eyes checked.

Jordan 79
article thumbnail

Why The SBIC Doesn’t Work For Venture Capital Anymore

Feld Thoughts

Each of the SBIC funds were raised in the 2000 – 2002 time period. The US government, however, lost most of the $2 billion it put into SBIC firms.” One of the other problem is SBA and SBIC’s behavior in governance of the fund. “Then when you dig into it, there were some problems.”

SBIC 142