Remove 2004 Remove Community Remove Media Remove Social Network
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Favorite Business or Entrepreneur Turnaround Story

Hearpreneur

Eventually, Reddit became wildly popular and was bought by Condé Nast, the owner of 20 other brands and media like Vanity Fair, Vogue, and The New Yorker. BMW introduced subscription fees for their cars, creating revolutionary changes in the conservative automotive community. Thanks to Raven Cobb, Clearstep, Inc ! #6-

article thumbnail

What the Past Can Tell Us About the Future of Social Networking

Both Sides of the Table

I recently spoke at Caltech at the Caltech / MIT Enterprise Forum on “the future of social networking,&# the 30-minute video is here and the PowerPoint presentation is here on DocStoc ). What are the big trends that will drive the next phase of social networks? And so it goes with social networking.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Never Mind the Valley: Here's Paris

ReadWriteStart

The JEI program was created in 2004 and is managed by the Ministry of Research. They're going strong , and constantly adapting their platform to users' changing needs for information and social media aggregation. GameCreds : Impressive social universe for gamers. (E). Plyce : Feature-rich location-based social network.

France 163
article thumbnail

5 Practical Tips for Getting More from Facebook :: Small Business.

Duct Tape Marketing

To me there’s no such thing really as social media marketing or Facebook marketing, it’s simply a matter of marketing in a world gone social. Keep the Wall interesting by mixing content Network It’s kind of ironic how little traditional networking goes on inside many social networks.

article thumbnail

5 Creative Ways to Use Text Messages in Marketing :: Small.

Duct Tape Marketing

Coupon distribution Creating membership type levels where people can get special treatment or special announcements is a great way to build community. Related Posts: Are Small Private Social Networks the Next Layer? I’ve been using GroupMe and think it works well. How I Use Email Marketing HTML vs Text in Newsletters and eZines?

SMS 73
article thumbnail

How I Blog

Duct Tape Marketing

I have a pretty rough idea of what an upcoming week is going to entail, but I leave room to stumble on an emerging idea, change in some social network or the occasional rant as I consume content. Snap shot of 2004 version 1 of the Duct Tape Marketing Weblog. Content approach. Blogging platform.

XML 66
article thumbnail

How to Run Effective Online Sweepstakes Campaigns

ConversionXL

We connect them to hundreds of thousands of potential new customers using email marketing, social networks, and display ad campaigns. After that you can earn more “votes” by posting affiliate links of the campaign on social media – brilliant! Their numbers are impressive. 110 000+ Twitter followers.