Remove 2008 Remove Community Remove Venture Capital Remove Viral
article thumbnail

It’s Morning in Venture Capital

Both Sides of the Table

Many observers of the venture capital industry have questioned whether its best days are behind it. Looking ahead at the next decade I am excited by what I believe will be viewed as one of the best and most rational investment periods for venture capital due to seven discrete factors: 1.

article thumbnail

Cracking The Code: BlablaCar - Travel Revolution

Cracking the Code

Blablacar is one such example of innovation: with a fast growing community of 1.6m Zimride , Ridejoy ), they have not yet seen the explosive growth that the service has observed in Europe with more than 1 Billion miles shared by the community and more than 8m passengers transported ! 1st 2008 with a base value of 100.00

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Cracking The Code: Happy New Year 2008!

Cracking the Code

Thoughts from a Venture Capitalist on Software, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), Cloud Computing, Internet and more. Monday, January 28, 2008. Happy New Year 2008! The second part of the year has seen a lower flow of blog posts, but part of my 2008 resolutions are to remedy to this shortfall, so be prepared for a strong 2008.

article thumbnail

This Week in VC with Dana Settle of Greycroft Partners

Both Sides of the Table

Our guest this week on #TWiVC was Dana Settle , partner at Greycroft Partners , a venture capital firm with offices in New York and Los Angeles. Founded in August 2008 in Palo Alto, CA, by Sam Christiansen and Keith Lee. Grockit – Provides online adaptive test prep services and community. Total raised: $29.5mm.

Partner 240
article thumbnail

Cracking The Code: In search of Europe's next tech stars.

Cracking the Code

Let me show other source that may be good for community. 1st 2008 with a base value of 100.00 Venture Capital. (3). ► 2008. (11). The Bessemer 10 laws of SaaS - Fall 2008 Release. Churchill Club 2008 Top 10 Tech Trends. Happy New Year 2008! Popular Media: the key to viral marketing.

article thumbnail

10+ Trends: Recap of 2011 and What’s Next…

thebarefootvc

Women Rising: Microfinance institutions have known for years that women have higher repayment rates than men and that women are more likely to invest the borrowed capital back into their families and local communities. The viral nature of social media no doubt aided this growth, as did improvements in the online shopping experience.

article thumbnail

This Week in VC – Scott Painter, CEO of Zag & TrueCar

Both Sides of the Table

Offers virality optimization tools and A/B testing inside Facebook. Company plans to use the capital to build out sales and marketing and r&d. led by Altos Ventures and Maverick Capital, with Larry Braitman. Founded in 2008 in Santa Monica by Ron Goldman (former CRO of shopping.com) and Rahul Sonnad.