Remove 2011 Remove Community Remove Government Remove Lean
article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2021 Lessons Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

The trick is we use the same Lean LaunchPad / I-Corps curriculum — and the same class structure – experiential, hands-on– driven this time by a mission -model not a business model. I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while being challenged to solve some of the toughest problems.”.

Lean 410
article thumbnail

The Big Bang. The Lean LaunchPad explodes at University of Maryland

Steve Blank

The University of Maryland is now integrating the Lean LaunchPad ® into standard innovation and entrepreneurship courses across all 12 colleges within the University. We didn’t know it at the time, but with that investment we had paid for front-row VIP seats to witness the origins of Customer Development and the Lean Startup.

Maryland 277
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2020 Lesson Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

And the trick is we use the same Lean LaunchPad / I-Corps curriculum — and kept the same class structure – experiential, hands-on, driven this time by a mission -model not a business model. I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while solving some of the toughest problems.”.

Oakland 312
article thumbnail

A Conversation with 2020 Presidential Candidate Andrew Yang

View from Seed

I started Venture for America back in 2011 with the goal of creating thousands of American jobs in communities around the country. But at this point, our government is so backward, dysfunctional and unresponsive that it’s not even on the agenda. Then the government says ‘hey, great news!

article thumbnail

US Economic Risks (Sept 2010): Impact on Investors & Entrepreneurs

Both Sides of the Table

We’re still caught in the “post recession bounce” : What’s happening is that the angel & VC community is still feeling good from having bounced back from the nadir of the famous “ RIP Good Times ” funk that we felt in 2008. 45% of all unemployed people have been looking for jobs 6 months or more – this is unprecedented.

article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2019

Steve Blank

And the trick is we use the same Lean LaunchPad / I-Corps curriculum — and kept the same class structure – experiential, hands-on, driven this time by a mission -model not a business model. I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while solving some of the toughest problems.”.

Oakland 277
article thumbnail

Top 120 Startup Posts for 2010

SoCal CTO

Grade A Entrepreneurs , September 5, 2010 Why Krispy Kreme failed in Australia - Start Up Blog , November 3, 2010 Mellow Johnny’s: Retail Stores as Community Hubs - IDDICTIVE.COM , July 14, 2010 Is crowdfunding an option for my business? Berkonomics , November 29, 2010 Rice Alliance IT/Web 2.0