Remove 2011 Remove Community Remove Government Remove Social Network
article thumbnail

10+ Trends: Recap of 2011 and What’s Next…

thebarefootvc

But even more exciting is when I see inflection points of adoption — which is why 2011 was a particularly exhilirating year for me. What We Saw in 2011…. The list of applications to engage, empower and organize citizens continues to grow, and will be one of the most defining legacies of 2011.

article thumbnail

FinTech Innovation Lab Launch Event – June 2, 2011

David Teten

It attracted a very high quality crowd of senior executives from major investment banks and members of the innovation community — two groups that don’t normally mingle. The trick is delivering business insights over this channel: use social networks to support relationship management. Ask the senator who was on TV.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

HOW TO: Sign Up Users Even Before You Launch Your Startup

mashable.com

May 4, 2011 18:47:11 Reply 1 Flag this comment John Roescher Follow I went through the whole process! May 4, 2011 20:33:03 Reply 1 Flag this comment Harshal Kharod Follow Hey Sumaya, nice lending page. May 4, 2011 20:33:03 Reply 1 Flag this comment Harshal Kharod Follow Hey Sumaya, nice lending page. quiet interesting.

article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs are Everywhere Show No. 19: Carmen Medina and Don Burke

Steve Blank

Change agents inside a corporation or government agency know how to build consensus and be a rebel at work. She began the CIA’s Lessons Learned program and led the Agency’s first effort to address the challenges posed by social networks, digital ubiquity, and the emerging culture of collaboration. Don : Exactly.

Wiki 120
article thumbnail

Google VP: Here's How to Get Bought By Us

mashable.com

Originally founded by PayPal co-founder Max Levchin Slide.com was known as the largest third-party developer of Facebook applications until Google purchased it to “make Google services socially aware.”. in June 2011 for $400 million. in June 2011 for $400 million. Slide.com. Google purchased Admeld. billion in April 2007.

article thumbnail

How Universities Can Help Students and Alumni Work in the Tech Industry

David Teten

But now, the defining movie of today’s twentysomethings is “The Social Network”. Along with some friends from Yale (my alma mater), I recently brainstormed some ideas to accelerate a university’s campus tech community. Marketing of tech community : Yale Tech News , Yale Entrepreneurship Magazine.

article thumbnail

Thoughts on Spanish Startups from La Red Innova 2011

VC Cafe

Mobile web usage in Spain is high, at 20% of mobile phone users in 2011. billion invested in Q1 of 2011. 1) There’s a growing buzz around entrepreneurship - several people mentioned that in the past, students that graduated from college hurried to find a job in big company and in the case of Brazil also the government.

Spain 108