Remove 2020 Remove Community Remove Lean Remove Media
article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2020 Lesson Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

And the trick is we use the same Lean LaunchPad / I-Corps curriculum — and kept the same class structure – experiential, hands-on, driven this time by a mission -model not a business model. I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while solving some of the toughest problems.”.

Oakland 312
article thumbnail

The most important 2021 Predictions in entertainment tech and gaming

VC Cafe

2020… where to start? If you look at the prediction lists of 2020, none (or at least very few), would have foreseen the chain reaction of Covid-19 to both enterprise and consumer trends. billion (up from $175 billion in 2020) but not sustaining the 20% growth experienced in the pandemic. Twitch stats in 2020.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Retail Reimagined: 9 Trends for the Future of Physical Retail

ConversionXL

Small retailers are the bedrock of our communities, and consumers will still choose to shop retail when the experience is worth it. 2020 transformed the world of commerce. "Années Folles" — Web Smith (@web) December 27, 2020. "Années Folles" — Web Smith (@web) December 27, 2020. Image source ).

eCommerce 155
article thumbnail

Eric Ries’ Foreword to The Startup Community Way

Feld Thoughts

My new book with Ian Hathaway, The Startup Community Way , is officially out. But now that The Startup Community Way is out, and the 2nd Edition of Startup Communities is also out, I’m hopeful that my writing energy will shift to the book I’m working on with Dave. Writing a book is extremely hard.

Community 135
article thumbnail

24 Entrepreneurs Reveal The Pivot They’re Making in Their Business in 2021

Hearpreneur

New Media Film FestivalR is pivoting from an all in – person multiple days festival to a hybrid model. Thanks to Susan Johnston, New Media Film Festival ! #5-Take This is a more cost-efficient option for me given that I am able to do my business campaigns in various social media platforms for free.

article thumbnail

Masha Bucher, Founder of Day One Ventures, Joins the Milken Institute Global Conference in Los Angeles

The Startup Magazine

As a respected thought leader in the tech community, she provides funding to early-stage startups that are ready to share their vision with the world. The Space Between Art and Technology Masha Bucher has long been fascinated with visual media, influenced by her family’s legacy in both art and architecture.

article thumbnail

YouTube Strategy Lessons from a Channel with 1.6 Million Subscribers

ConversionXL

Whereas a blog post needs just a computer to type, a video requires an understanding of lighting, audio, storytelling, editing, and community building. If you’re creating videos only for your own content, then it might make sense to host it on Vimeo and drive people to a landing page (or product pages), and not try to build a community.

Channel 129