Remove Angel Groups Remove Community Remove Networking Remove Software
article thumbnail

How to Raise Startup Funding from Unlikely Angel Investors

Up and Running

Angel investors come from a variety of ages, backgrounds, and professions. I’m not your average angel. I’m not active in an angel group. I live in a small town surrounded by farms and I made my first angel investment at 29 because my dad said it was a good idea. It doesn’t have to be at a formal networking event.

article thumbnail

How Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors Are Eating Their Own Dogfood

David Teten

My colleagues Sebastian Soler , Steven Greenberg and I recently launched a new online community, PEVCTech.com , exclusively for PE/VC investors; engineers who work at PE/VC funds; and other technologists who specialize in working on this problem. The historic capital-raising process is driven by face-to-face networking and salesmanship.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Investors Guide to SXSW 2019

Austin Startup

Grab a group of friends and tour the latest and greatest of Austin’s startup community. Vanessa Dawson, Integris Software C.E.O, 6:00PM FAIRMONT, WISTERIA ROOM CLAIRE HANSEN, Central Texas Angel Network SAMANTHA LEWIS, GOOSE Society of Texas Are you an angel investor or considering becoming one? What gives?

article thumbnail

One Hand Clapping – Entrepreneurship In Ann Arbor, Michigan

Steve Blank

I gave a keynote on entrepreneurship to MPowered , the student Entrepreneurship Organization, spoke on a panel on Entrepreneurship and the Aerospace Industry, and gave another keynote at the Ann Arbor New Tech Meetup and A2Geeks , the regional startup network. Venture Capital ; met with the local hardware/software venture capital firm.

Michigan 312
article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

But, most of use raise capital and source deals the same way people looked for dates 20 years ago: by networking at conferences (or bars). . To learn more about this space, I suggest join an online community I co-founded, PEVCTech. . Deer Isle Group has built the D.I.G. That’s why 40 million Americans use online dating sites.

article thumbnail

5 Flocks Of Investors Looking For An Enticing Startup

Startup Professionals Musings

This is perhaps the most widely-used source of information on angel investor groups across the world, run by the “Father of Angel Investing in New York,” David Rose. This software platform is used by many local angel organizations for managing deal flow. USA Angel Investment Network. Keiretsu Forum.

article thumbnail

Flexible VCs With Structures Between Equity and Revenue-Based Investing

David Teten

His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. In addition to a fund, the overall Capacity organization provides direct mentorship, consulting and connects founders to a broad network of talent, diverse forms of capital, and existing resources focused on the post-startup stage of growth.

Equity 78