Remove Angel Investor Remove Community Remove Portfolio Remove Technical Review
article thumbnail

How to Raise Startup Funding from Unlikely Angel Investors

Up and Running

Angel investors come from a variety of ages, backgrounds, and professions. I’m not your average angel. I’m not active in an angel group. I live in a small town surrounded by farms and I made my first angel investment at 29 because my dad said it was a good idea. million people qualify as accredited investors.

article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

Private equity and venture capital investors are copying our sisters in the hedge fund world: we’re trying to automate more of our job. . When I met my now-wife, I realized that any technology that can find me a spouse is a killer app. To learn more about this space, I suggest join an online community I co-founded, PEVCTech. .

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How can startups engage Amazon and AWS

VC Cafe

A few months ago, VC Cafe launched a series on startup engagement and outreach programs of large tech companies. Amazon Corporate Development – Notable acquisitions include Whole Foods ($13.7B), smart doorbell system Ring ($1.2B, 2018) and autonomous mobility technology Zoox ($1.2bn). AI startups in the Alexa Fund portfolio.

article thumbnail

How to Impress Angel Investors and Make It into “Startup Heaven”

Up and Running

Got a question for one of the angel investors mentioned below? Today is Ask an Angel day! Tips from real angel investors about how to impress them and stand out from the crowd. Many angels are entrepreneurs themselves, or executives and business or community leaders. How Angels Invest.

article thumbnail

How and Why To Be an Angel Investor

David Teten

Source: Center for Venture Research – Angel Market Analysis Report. Q: What is the typical profile of angel investors? Angel investors are generally former entrepreneurs and/or executives, who invest in privately-held, early-stage companies. Q: Why do people become angel investors? approx 2004-09.

article thumbnail

Angel Investors want to fall in love

Austin Startup

Raising funding from Angel Investors can feel like a catch-22. It’s easy to figure out who the active angel investors are but it’s hard to find the right time to pitch them. Not all investors are the same. Not all investors are the same. Angel Investors are investing their own money?—?they

article thumbnail

Waccal Launches Social Community Platform for Startups and Investors

The Startup Magazine

Waccal has officially launched its social community platform which startups and investors can use to compare ideas, seek funding and manage portfolios and due diligence processes. Waccal joins the ranks of companies like Angel List and Crunchbase, which aim to democratize and simplify startup investing.