Remove B2C Remove Community Remove Later Stage Remove Management
article thumbnail

How Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors Are Eating Their Own Dogfood

David Teten

My colleagues Sebastian Soler , Steven Greenberg and I recently launched a new online community, PEVCTech.com , exclusively for PE/VC investors; engineers who work at PE/VC funds; and other technologists who specialize in working on this problem. Pitchbot.vc is an AI bot which helps companies refine their sales pitch to VCs.

article thumbnail

Starting A Business: A Financial Checklist

YoungUpstarts

One of the most important factors in becoming a successful entrepreneur is managing finances. Whether early or later-stage, the growth of every company most often depends on how much capital is available to fund its growth. B2C: Business to Consumer – Selling a product or service directly to the daily consumer.

Burn Rate 100
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

However, in private markets, there is more room to optimize across all 11 steps of the investing process: firm management , marketing, fundraising , origination , manage relationships, due diligence, negotiation, monitoring, portfolio acceleration , reporting, and. 1) Manage the firm . This is harder than it sounds.

article thumbnail

Seeking A Job in Start-Up Land

Seeing Both Sides

As my classmates were rushing off to high-paying, high-powered jobs on Wall Street, I joined a Series A start-up with 30 employees as a product manager, making $65,000 per year - lower than my pre-MBA salary at management consultancy The Boston Consulting Group. Are you more of a B2C type or a B2B type? Pick a Domain.

Boston 52
article thumbnail

Learning Styles: The Impact on Marketing Messaging

ConversionXL

But the educational community interpreted the findings as fixed categories, even after Fleming published a follow-up paper to refute its use as a diagnostic tool. That’s true even among B2B customers who are supposedly more rational than their B2C counterparts. Catalog the information you’ll need to convey at a later stage.

Marketing 124
article thumbnail

Startups: It’s not Thelma & Louise

Austin Startup

Last Friday, June 21st I sent the following message out to our community of users, colleagues, friends and supporters. If you’re a founder/product manager/business owner, I encourage you to find that out! swing for the fences category-building B2C software capital?—?wasn’t and the outcomes. “If

article thumbnail

Does Your VC have an Investment Thesis, or a Hypothesis?

David Teten

However, we’d argue that for most smaller managers who are not brand names, it’s better to be highly identified in your niche than being a generalist. For example, Point Nine Capital focuses on B2B SaaS and marketplaces at the seed stage, across many industries. B2B vs B2C) within the business model preference. .