Remove Boston Remove Community Remove Distribution Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

Entrepreneurial Density and Venture Capital

Feld Thoughts

Richard Florida continues to write amazing stuff about Startup Communities in The Atlantic Online. Two of his latest articles talk about entrepreneurial density and venture capital. The Connection Between Venture Capital and Diverse, Dense Communities. Was Cambridge separated from Boston?

article thumbnail

Brad Feld Drops Knowledge. Here’s What He Said …

Both Sides of the Table

Yeah, that was when I changed for me…” “…there was so much positive feedback on demystifying this one element of venture capital. So we have five themes – Digital Life and Distribution are the other two.”. Distribution. Brad’s start in Venture Capital. I do something I now call community hours.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Succeeding in Venture Capital as an Introvert

Hunter Walker

When it comes to my job, after practicing venture capital for seven years under normal circumstances, it was instructive to get thrown into this new scenario, because I don’t think we’ll ever fully “return to normal.” There’s just so much community and learning-by-osmosis (or serendipity) that comes from being together.

article thumbnail

Why The SBIC Doesn’t Work For Venture Capital Anymore

Feld Thoughts

The SBIC was instrumental in the creation of the venture capital business. If you want to see a fun quote on it, read A History of Silicon Valley which quotes: “ …many venture capital pioneers think the SBIC program did little to advance the art and practice of venture investing.

SBIC 142
article thumbnail

Startup Communities: Creating A Great Entrepreneurial Ecosystem In Your City

Feld Thoughts

For now, the title is “ Startup Communities: Creating A Great Entrepreneurial Ecosystem In Your City.” If you are a leader in your entrepreneurial community and have something you want to add , email me 500 – 1000 words. I also plan to price it low so it has the potential for broad distribution. Entrepreneurs.

Community 142
article thumbnail

My AdExchanger Interview

VC Adventure

Why get into the venture capital side of the business? I first got into venture capital about 10 years ago and I love my job. Unlike many venture capital firms that invest in certain geographic regions or specific technologies and sectors, Foundry Group’s investing activity is largely driven by a thematic approach.

article thumbnail

Austin’s secret sauce… it’s the WHY

Austin Startup

When anyone can work from anywhere, they don’t evenly distribute across the country. As a result, he thought that many people in Silicon Valley aren’t as invested in the community or focused on making it better for their children and their neighbors. There will be some big winners who attract more and higher quality talent than others.