Remove California Remove Community Remove Engineer Remove Government
article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2021 Lessons Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

While all the teams used the Mission Model Canvas , (videos here ), Customer Development and Agile Engineering to build Minimal Viable Products, each of their journeys was unique. I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while being challenged to solve some of the toughest problems.”.

Lean 385
article thumbnail

How Venture Capitalists and Government Can Promote Entrepreneurship

David Teten

I’ve recently met with several universities, nonprofits, and government employees who’ve all asked the same question: how can we promote entrepreneurship? By contrast, as a venture capitalist, I can report that almost all of our portfolio companies are desperate to hire talented software engineers, and eager to hire in a range of other roles.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The State Department Meets the Lean Startup – Hacking For Diplomacy

Steve Blank

Building off last spring’s pioneering Hacking for Defense class, which sought to connect Silicon Valley’s innovation culture and mindset to the Pentagon and the intelligence community, we’ve now expanded our horizons to the Department of State. The time difference between Washington and California often doesn’t help.

Lean 273
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #3, Jen Pahlka and Raylene Yung on creating the U.S. Digital Response

Startup Lessons Learned

Deputy Chief Technology Officers Cori Zarek and Ryan Panchadsaram to help all levels of government with COVID-19 response and delivery of services. She was an engineering and product executive at Stripe and Facebook. Highlights from the show Jen describes her background in government-tech partnerships. (2:52) Digital Response.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #27: Eren Bali of Carbon Health on public health, COVID vaccinations, and working as a unified society to solve problems

Startup Lessons Learned

Carbon Health is now running some of the largest vaccination sites in California, most famously at Dodger Stadium, in partnership with the City of Los Angeles. I think one of the things that we, who are, you have the privilege of being here, in America, in California, in Silicon Valley. ER : How would you contrast the difference?

article thumbnail

The Ultimate CEO Twitter List

YoungUpstarts

brrhodes : IceRocket search engine founder and CEO Blake Rhodes tweets about his insights into social media and the online world. corbett3000 : Peter Corbett, CEO of iStrategyLabs discusses engaging communities through innovation on @corbett3000. Foundations, Associations & Non-Profits. Business Advising & Resources.

Cofounder 239
article thumbnail

The State Department Meets the Lean Startup – Hacking For Diplomacy

Steve Blank

Building off last spring’s pioneering Hacking for Defense class, which sought to connect Silicon Valley’s innovation culture and mindset to the Pentagon and the intelligence community, we’ve now expanded our horizons to the Department of State. The time difference between Washington and California often doesn’t help.

Lean 120