article thumbnail

5 Outrageously Innovative Israeli Startups to Watch in 2020

ReadWriteStart

Take, for example, Israel, whose rate of entrepreneurship is still growing tremendously, despite being the second-biggest startup hub in the world for the past several years. In the past decade, hundreds of interesting, innovative tech companies have emerged in and around Israel—and they’re worth learning from.

article thumbnail

The State of Consumer Tech in Israel in 2023

VC Cafe

While Israeli startups successes are well known in the B2B space (cybersecurity, enterprise tech, devops…), B2C startups are unsung heroes… The landscape of B2C tech in Israel is blossoming, despite several challenges. B2C Venture Capital Investments in Israel To the most part, Israeli VCs shy away from B2C startup investments.

B2C 148
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Innovate Israel Conference Brings 28 Israeli startups to London

VC Cafe

Innovate Israel 2012 aims to connect Israeli web, mobile & digital entrepreneurs & businesses with their UK & European counterparts. The UK is Israel’s second largest export market following the US, but Israeli startups often ‘forget Europe’ when it comes to Internationalizing their product. Our project.

article thumbnail

Will COVID-19 mainstream AR/VR?

VC Cafe

If you think about virtual meetings, instead of being on Zoom — having a hologram of the person next to me to converse, a few years ago would be considered sci fi but now we have AR companies working on that,” he adds. This new medium has such a huge potential. EchoAR works with developers to deliver 3D content in the cloud.

article thumbnail

Startup spaces: How to design your startup office for a productive workforce

The Next Web

At HotelTonight], we built in lots of opportunities for people to interact, from a ping pong table and vintage video game room to lots of comfortable, casual conversation areas scattered throughout the office,” Simon says. We regularly host community events in the building, where our top YPlanners can meet the rest of the team,” Jucikas says.

article thumbnail

Five Questions with Mark Gerson

VC Cafe

I first met Mark in Israel in 2003, when he offered me a job at GLG straight out of college. VC Cafe: In my experience, a lot of secular Jews stay away from religion because they don’t know exactly how to engage with it or because they feel ‘excluded’ from the religious community.

Africa 155
article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Mr. Dreymann moved his family from Israel in 2004 after co-founding Goodmail in Mountain View, Calif., and Verizon Communications Inc. Israel Minister: No Change to Egypt Deal Israels foreign minister said Israel would not agree to re-evaluate its peace deal with Egypt. Journal Community. Journal Community.