article thumbnail

Top 3 Startup Winner: Digs

The Startup Magazine

At this year’s FUND Conference in Chicago, Illinois, over 100 startups presented their early-stage companies in front of hundreds of investors and industry leaders. FUND is a national connector of entrepreneurs, VCs, angel investors, and industry experts with a focus on deal flow and making connections. Here is their story….

Chad 139
article thumbnail

Leadership is More Than a Memo

Steve Blank

The book explores the role of gender in the tech industry – at startups and venture capital firms – and the interaction between men and women in the two. While Silicon Valley has grown to have global influence, in many ways the cultural leadership from the venture community has dramatically shrunk in the last decade.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Digital.NYC: The First Ecosystem Hub

Gust

On October 1st, 2014, after more than two years of partnership and development, Gust proudly joined the Mayor of the City of New York and IBM in announcing the launch of Digital.NYC , NYC’s new official hub for tech and startups. praised the hub and its place in the community.

article thumbnail

2018: Year in review and a look ahead

Version One Ventures

In addition, our existing startups in this space continue to do well. US VC deal flow in healthcare hit an all-time high this year as we continue to refine our thesis on the space. This helps encourage the mainstream adoption of cryptocurrency ). For example, Coinbase raised its Series E this quarter. Bio/healthcare.

article thumbnail

How to Work with Lawyers at a Startup

Both Sides of the Table

If you’re a startup and you don’t have a close relationship with a few law firms you’re really missing one of the most important relationships that any entrepreneur can have. I write about some of the lessons in my post on Startup Mistakes. I find that one of my best sources of deal flow is from lawyers.

article thumbnail

Launching a Portfolio Acceleration Platform at a Venture Capital or Private Equity Fund

David Teten

VC Platform community has grown approximately 120% in the last 3 years. A true industry luminary will help in deal flow & differentiation . These folks are rare, expensive, and often have multiple side obligations (book deals, speaking engagements, etc.). Disadvantages. In-house, brand-name guru.

article thumbnail

Top 3 Startup Winner: Happenstance

The Startup Magazine

At this year’s FUND Conference in Chicago, Illinois, over 100 startups presented their early-stage companies in front of hundreds of investors and industry leaders. FUND is a national connector of entrepreneurs, VCs, angel investors, and industry experts with a focus on deal flow and making connections. Here is their story….

Chicago 148