article thumbnail

What’s Your VC Tech Stack? Results from a Survey of Early-Stage VC Funds

David Teten

As a globally focused LP in early stage VC funds, we at Blue Future Partners have observed a growing trend of firms investing substantially in software tools, whether developing proprietary solutions or adopting off the shelf tools. However, 87% of our respondents don’t actively participate in any such community.

article thumbnail

This Week in VC with Dana Settle of Greycroft Partners

Both Sides of the Table

Greycroft is an early-stage VC. Their first fund was a $75 million fund raised in 2006 and they very recently announced a brand new $130 million fund. But having different funds available for different stages of one’s company is actually a really good thing. Note that I’m not defining who numbers 1,2 are. Time will tell.

Partner 240
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Flexible VCs With Structures Between Equity and Revenue-Based Investing

David Teten

His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. This essay is part of a series on alternative VC: I: Revenue-Based Investing: a new option for founders who care about control. IV: Should your new VC fund use Revenue-Based Investing? II: Who are the major Revenue-Based Investing VCs? Details here.

Equity 78
article thumbnail

Flexible VC, a New Model for Companies Targeting Profitability

David Teten

His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. Seed-stage compatible: Like traditional equity VC investors, Flexible VCs accomodate early-stage investment risk within their portfolios better than a traditional RBI funder. Lower level of community familiarity. Of the Inc.

article thumbnail

Some Thoughts on Branding Startups and Communities

Both Sides of the Table

We threw a Launchpad LA dinner to bring the community together as we tend to do 6-10 times a year. Brad wrote up his answer here – you should read it because it’s very instructive for how I believe communities ought to think about naming conventions. ” That always stuck with me. That seems very Brad to me.

Community 304
article thumbnail

After Raising $6.7M For Startups And Winning SEC Approval, AngelList Opens Up Investment Platform To More Companies

techcrunch.com

From 2004 to 2007, she helped lead Congresswoman Carloyn Maloney’s community outreach and relations efforts in New York City. New York City. New York City. She graduated from Columbia University in 2003, where she was. → Learn More. Wednesday, April 24th, 2013.

SEC 61
article thumbnail

Why I left Wall Street to figure it out.

Austin Startup

This developed into another question: Even more, since there’s so much that goes on within the community, how can I know in one place, on my phone, what’s going on?—?in in the African communities around me? After confirming it in prayer, I was off to New York City. legal fees in the early stages.