article thumbnail

How Venture Capital Decision Making Has Changed During the Pandemic

View from Seed

Noting our own experience, we questioned whether the fast proliferation of virtual interaction introduced by the COVID-19 crisis had changed investor decision-making more broadly across the venture capital industry. Following initial decision paralysis, many venture capitalists have returned to pace.

article thumbnail

Corporate Venture Capital: Obligatory or Oxymoron?

David Teten

She had so much insight to share that we broke the interview into two parts, 1) Corporate Venture Capital and more broadly, 2) How the Fortune 500 Can Buy, Invest and Partner with the Innovation Economy (coming soon). . Teten: How do corporate VCs interact with the broader VC community? . They invest alongside financial VCs.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How Do I Feel About the Snap IPO Given I Didn’t Invest?

Both Sides of the Table

We felt proud to be the lead investor in Maker Studios at a sub $5 million valuation. Snapchat truly built an amazing product and an amazing community and anybody who knows me knows that I’m very active on it. I love this product & the community I’ve formed there. Any other angle is just sour grapes.

IPO 214
article thumbnail

Why The SBIC Doesn’t Work For Venture Capital Anymore

Feld Thoughts

The SBIC was instrumental in the creation of the venture capital business. If you want to see a fun quote on it, read A History of Silicon Valley which quotes: “ …many venture capital pioneers think the SBIC program did little to advance the art and practice of venture investing.

SBIC 142
article thumbnail

Where are the Deals? How VCs Identify the Next Generation of Startups

David Teten

Prior to joining ff Venture Capital , I published the first-ever study of how private equity and venture capital funds originate new investments, with my coauthor Chris Farmer , CEO of SignalFire and an experienced VC. Annual Deal Pipeline for Selected VCs and Angel Investor Groups. Acquirer/ Investor.

article thumbnail

How Investors Are Increasing Their Returns Through Collaboration and Technology

David Teten

Howard Lindzon is Co-Founder and CEO of StockTwits, a social network for traders and investors to share real-time ideas and information. Mr. Lindzon has more than 20 years experience in the financial community acting in both an entrepreneurial and investing capacity. and Tweetdeck (purchased by Twitter in June 2011).

article thumbnail

How to Get World Class Experts to Support Your Company

David Teten

I was excited to see that GLG (formerly Gerson Lehrman Group), the industry leader, is now offering a professional network service geared to the needs of the startup community: GLG Share. Over the past 15 years we’ve built this amazing membership to serve our core clients – leading investors, corporations, consulting firms, and nonprofits.

New York 114